New Announcement from Tamiya?

On 7/23/2019 at 6:13 AM, midnightprowler said:

We sorely need a accurate D/H Huey. I have no faith Kitty Hawk will correct the errors of their 1/48 kit when they upsize it and a state of the art large scale AH-1G Cobra is sorely needed too.

Oh now ya done it!!  I'd go for some more Hueys. Especially the C and M Models!!  And I'd jump all over a Tamiya 48th AH-1G Cobra!!  Why has ANYONE made this Snake????

Bo

9 hours ago, midnightprowler said:

Scissors are way off, stabilizer bar way to low, access panels thicker than armour plating. All are very noticeable and make for a unrealistic model. Heck Revells ancient kit has those parts right. 

The top of the propeller blade pitch gizmo is not quite right, but fixable. Rest is spot on! Think you've never seen the kit

I've seen it and YOU are wrong. The push pull tubes are not where they should be. I has been discussed quite a bit. Your ignorance of helicopters shows. Propeller gizmo??? No such thing on a helicopter. Come back to the discussion when you have learned what these parts are. 

Edited by midnightprowler
12 hours ago, jabow said:

Oh now ya done it!!  I'd go for some more Hueys. Especially the C and M Models!!  And I'd jump all over a Tamiya 48th AH-1G Cobra!!  Why has ANYONE made this Snake????

Bo

Never understood why we’ve haven't seen a new-tool 35th scale AH-1G.   One of the prettiest flying machines ever....   

38 minutes ago, dylan said:

its been announced here

Nice. I'm really not into WWII subjects, but I have always liked the look of the earlier P-38s with the streamlined front radiator intakes. Who know, maybe I'll get one. Knowing Tamiya, it should be a joyful build.

7 hours ago, 11bee said:

Never understood why we’ve haven't seen a new-tool 35th scale AH-1G.   One of the prettiest flying machines ever....   

Yes. The G is the first purpose made helicopter gunship and sorely misrepresented. It's a shame.

3 hours ago, midnightprowler said:

Yes. The G is the first purpose made helicopter gunship and sorely misrepresented. It's a shame.

AND, there are so many decals just waiting for one!!

Bo

15 hours ago, habu2 said:

Is it too early to start the storied ARC tradition of criticizing the shape and accuracy of this un-named, un-seen kit?

:explode:  :explode:  :explode:  :explode:  :explode:  

Is it ever?  Gotta beat the dead horse before it's even born.

This is the one I have been waiting for, even has the markings I wanted, "Japaneses Sandman II"; EXCEPT they don't have the Japaneses Sandman II nose art on the decal sheet or shown in the markings artwork . What gives with that?

Regards

Jim Barr

2 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

Some pictures from a Tamiya display are up.  Let the shaming begin!

https://www.themodellingnews.com/2019/07/tamiyas-148th-scale-lockheed-p-38-fg.html#more

The nose looks all wrong.   What’s with recessed divots??  Horrible.   Why didn’t they listen to the experts here on ARC?    Rear end looks too fat.   Hopefully KH will release a decent one!  

Did I cover all the bases?  

12 minutes ago, 11bee said:

The nose looks all wrong.   What’s with recessed divots??  Horrible.   Why didn’t they listen to the experts here on ARC?    Rear end looks too fat.   Hopefully KH will release a decent one!  

Yes 😄😄

1 hour ago, Jim Barr said:

This is the one I have been waiting for, even has the markings I wanted, "Japaneses Sandman II"; EXCEPT they don't have the Japaneses Sandman II nose art on the decal sheet or shown in the markings artwork . What gives with that?

Regards

Jim Barr

While "Japanese Sandman" was White 33, this particular White 33 on the decal sheet is a different airframe. The decal sheet represents one of the current warbird surviving P-38's that is a combat veteran and in its original markings. 

Ok, so Tamiya decided to give us decals for a restored P-38 that has  White 33 markings instead of White 33 - Japanese Sandman II. Thanks for the info.

Regards

Jim Barr

Edited by Jim Barr
55 minutes ago, 11bee said:

Nope, one more thing:

When are they going to release the darn thing? We've been waiting for what seems like... (looks at watch, counts on fingers) ...one day! I don't think it will ever be released now. Blah, blah, blah...

That about covers it.

4 hours ago, 11bee said:

I guess you didn't. You did cover almost all bases for a Kitty Hawk release. The ARC Manual For Kit Releases lists in the Tamiya section only one  gripe: "Where's the 1/48 F-16D???" Habu2 already covered that. There's also a generic "At least not another Spitfire/109/190/Tomcat", but that's more of a generic gripe rather than one particular to Tamiya.

😉