New Announcement from Tamiya?

4 hours ago, Jim Barr said:

Ok, so Tamiya decided to give us decals for a restored P-38 that has some White 33 markings instead of the original White 33 Japanese Sandman II. Thanks for the info.

Regards

Jim Barr

The White 33 markings included, are for an airframe which happens to still survive and fly today in its original wartime markings. Japanese Sandman was a different White 33

Edited by skyhawk524
4 hours ago, Jim Barr said:

Ok, so Tamiya decided to give us decals for a restored P-38 that has some White 33 markings instead of the original White 33 Japanese Sandman II. Thanks for the info.

Regards

Jim Barr

There was more than one White 33.

You are confusing two completely different aircraft.

Mike

No, after skyhawk524 original post I understand that there were two White 33 P-38s, one with no nose art and has been recovered and restored and the other was J S II and both assigned to the 39th FS.

Regards

Jim Barr

Edited by Jim Barr
1 hour ago, midnightprowler said:

Any price info?

I suppose the 4,320 in the lower left hand corner is a MSRP in Japanese Yen. About 40 USD at the moment.

67407486_2491271477561068_38866543630111

From the preview on The Modellings News (LINK!).

3 hours ago, habu2 said:

You forgot to mention pre-ordering the Best P-38 Kit Ever.    😂

Sigh..... it would have been best if they had just made it in the proper (32nd) scale.     I’m on my second G&T of the night trying to drown my sorrows.   

2 hours ago, jester292 said:

And when can we order this new P-38?

Keep checking HobbyLink Japan’s website.  If this release is like previous Tamiya releases, it will be one of the first places you can preorder and at a good price too!  I preordered three of the new Tamiya Spitfire Mk I’s from them at $26 each.   

Steve

44 minutes ago, Mstor said:

MegaHobby is listing the pre-order at $68.00, with the regular price at $80.00. That's kinda steep.

With Tamiya, you get what you pay for.   Plus I'm sure it will be found for less at certain retailers once it's out for a bit. 

Looks like a truly amazing kit. 

35 minutes ago, Mstor said:

MegaHobby is listing the pre-order at $68.00, with the regular price at $80.00. That's kinda steep.

Way steep The yen price as shown in some pictures was 4320y.  Most kits in this price point go for about 60.00 here in the USA. One example the new Hummel is 4800y and the Price at Sprue Bros is 51.49 with an MSRP of 64.00 so based on that Mega Hobby seems a really high. I'll wait to put in an order. I,d bet Scale Hobbyist will have it for about 45.00. Now where is that F-16A,B,D.........:thumbsup2:

41 minutes ago, gtypecanare said:

The limited number white box have special pricing for events.  The retail boxing will be at a different price.

George,

Will any white boxed P-38s be for sale at Chattanooga...asking for a friend 😉

Steve

46 minutes ago, gtypecanare said:

The limited number white box have special pricing for events.  The retail boxing will be at a different price.

As in the retail boxing MSRP will likely be higher.

For reference, the 1/35 JGSDF Type 16 white boxing for the early release event at the Tamiya Plamodel Factory was 4,174 yen (incl tax) while the MSRP listed on Tamiya's site for the final retail boxing is 5,184 yen (incl tax)

1.JPG

Edited by razgriz
spelling
6 minutes ago, Falconxlvi said:

George,

Will any white boxed P-38s be for sale at Chattanooga...asking for a friend 😉

Steve

We are planning on it.  Limited number though and you will need to be at the event. One per person.