New Announcement from Tamiya?

11 minutes ago, gtypecanare said:

We are planning on it.  Limited number though and you will need to be at the event. One per person.

👍🏻👍🏻

Thanks for the info George!  I am very glad Tamiya decided to do a P-38.  

Steve

17 minutes ago, gtypecanare said:

We are planning on it.  Limited number though and you will need to be at the event. One per person.

Cool...being it's 4 days Is it just a one day availability or maybe a limited number each of the 4 days?

Saw a couple more Pre-order links pop up and the USA MSRP seems to be $80.00... JAC Hobbies is selling the kit for 60.00 & Tower Hobbies has it for 64.00....If the 4320y price that was shown in the preview pictures is the real Japan MSRP Price I may have to but mine form overseas.

Interesting review, though he does get into the weeds a little bit on small details. But it's good information. The one thing that annoys me in his review of his description of one of the schemes as "White 33". US aircraft aren't referred to like that. That's a Luftwaffe thing. 

On 7/31/2019 at 8:23 AM, viper730 said:

Saw a couple more Pre-order links pop up and the USA MSRP seems to be $80.00... JAC Hobbies is selling the kit for 60.00 & Tower Hobbies has it for 64.00....If the 4320y price that was shown in the preview pictures is the real Japan MSRP Price I may have to but mine form overseas.

You can preorder it on HobbyEasy for $50.33, that's the best price I have seen so far. I am sure that once it is released you will find better prices , specially from Asian vendor.  I probably pass on this as its not on my interest list,  and I have half a dozen Hasegawa P-38's somewhere  on my pile'o'models.

9 hours ago, Darren Roberts said:

The one thing that annoys me in his review of his description of one of the schemes as "White 33". US aircraft aren't referred to like that. That's a Luftwaffe thing. 

+1.  Agreed.  It certainly seems to be the trend these days in our hobby, unfortunately.

Eric

9 hours ago, echolmberg said:

+1.  Agreed.  It certainly seems to be the trend these days in our hobby, unfortunately.

Eric

WestPac Restoration that restored it also referred to it as White 33.

Just causes confusion in my opinion.

Mike

Well for some reason Canada seems to get the new Tamiya releases before other places. I will probably wait for it to get here and then pick it up. I think their latest Spitfire I picked up was only a few dollars more than the online stores. Plus I support my local shop. No rush to get the P-38 as I already have way too many kits i am NOT building.

On 8/8/2019 at 2:41 PM, skyhawk174 said:

Well for some reason Canada seems to get the new Tamiya releases before other places. I will probably wait for it to get here and then pick it up. I think their latest Spitfire I picked up was only a few dollars more than the online stores. Plus I support my local shop. No rush to get the P-38 as I already have way too many kits i am NOT building.

Heresy! Canada before us? I'm gonna move north.

Had the kit in my hands Wednesday night very very nice if they do a "J" I'll concider one and we get Tamiya first because of Borgfeldt's long relation ship with Tamiya.