Airfix CH-47 variant

I have this kit but curious to the variant as I want to find a US scheme instead of the UK it comes with. I know it’s not a D due to the blades. A or B maybe? I plan to built it OOB.  Thanks

42e48521a967fe28a10e5f90301fef0e.jpg

It's a rebox of the Italeri  ACH-47 kit. It lacks the armament of that kit, but does have inserts with circular windows for the two rectangular openings for the  ACH's aft gun postitions, 

It has the tapered aft pylon.

As such, it will build up as a CH-47A only.

Joe

Thanks Joe. I'm good building it as an A. Just gotta find some US decals. Maybe I'll get lucky and find someone who didn't use the weapons and ecals from their Italeri ACH-47A kit. If not, just a regular unarmed will be the plan.

On 7/25/2019 at 6:13 AM, kg4kpg said:

Thanks Joe. I'm good building it as an A. Just gotta find some US decals. Maybe I'll get lucky and find someone who didn't use the weapons and ecals from their Italeri ACH-47A kit. If not, just a regular unarmed will be the plan.

hello,

are you interest for trading your Airfix Chinook with my Italeri ACH-47A kit? I had 2x and currently looking for one unarmed Hook...

let_models,  

I do have a question.   If this kit is a rebox of the Italeri ACH-47A, why did they include decals for the Spanish and British chinooks?    I’m pretty sure  neither of those countries bought the “A” model Chinook.   

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 11:30 AM, jstar said:

It's a rebox of the Italeri  ACH-47 kit. It lacks the armament of that kit, but does have inserts with circular windows for the two rectangular openings for the  ACH's aft gun postitions, 

It has the tapered aft pylon.

As such, it will build up as a CH-47A only.

Joe

It is the rebox of the Italeri kit and it does come with both styles of rear rotor pylon, so I think it could be built as a C (of which the early UK and Spanish ones were) or possibly an early D. The ACH kit and the standard transport are 2 slightly different kits. The rotor blades were later modified in the kit to the composite type. Course they did also do the MCH variant.

----------------

Edited by barkin mad

Okay, I need to correct myself.  My fingers were typing before my brain was engaged.

1) The Airfix kit is a repop of an Italeri kit, but NOT the ACH-47.  The Airfix kit out of the box is a CH-47D...squared off rear pylon (a separate piece for the aft section), wide chord rotor blades, hole in the leading edge of the front pylon (but included in the kit is a piece for the front of the pylon without the cooling hole). 

It will NOT make an 'A' version.

2) The Italeri ACH-47A  WILL make an 'A' version, but the rectangular openings in the rear of the fuselage will have to be corrected.

I'm cross kitting one of each kit to make an 'A' without having to scratchbuild the fuselage corrections of the Italeri kit, Using the Airfix fuselage with the italeri tapered aft part of the pylon and the Italeri blades.

Sorry for any confusion I may have caused.

3 hours ago, jstar said:

Okay, I need to correct myself.  My fingers were typing before my brain was engaged.

1) The Airfix kit is a repop of an Italeri kit, but NOT the ACH-47.  The Airfix kit out of the box is a CH-47D...squared off rear pylon (a separate piece for the aft section), wide chord rotor blades, hole in the leading edge of the front pylon (but included in the kit is a piece for the front of the pylon without the cooling hole). 

It will NOT make an 'A' version.

2) The Italeri ACH-47A  WILL make an 'A' version, but the rectangular openings in the rear of the fuselage will have to be corrected.

I'm cross kitting one of each kit to make an 'A' without having to scratchbuild the fuselage corrections of the Italeri kit, Using the Airfix fuselage with the italeri tapered aft part of the pylon and the Italeri blades.

Sorry for any confusion I may have caused.

Thanks, good info. That actually works for some decals I found yesterday.