Folks

Im looking for a commercial jet model that would be anywhere from 18 inches to 22 inches in length for a modeling project.  I want to put it on a flat car to model how Boeing ships the fuselages. 

Can anyone point me to a source for an affordable model that would work?  The model could be missing parts, damaged etc as I won’t need the full kit anyway. 

Boeing only ships 737 fuselages by rail.

Typical railroading scales are: "O" = 1/48, "S" = 1/64, "HO" = 1/87, "N" = 1/160.  You didn't say which scale your flatcar is.

Her is a listing of all the 737 kits (ever) made. https://www.scalemates.com/search.php?q=*&fkSECTION[]=Kits&fkGROUPS[]="Aircraft"&fkCATNAME[]="Jets"&fkPRODUCER_COUNTRY[]="US"&fkTYPEGROUP[]="Boeing 737"  Looks like 1/72, 1/100, 1/125 and 1/144.  These are the more common airliner scales.  There are a few oddball box scale kits like the Aurora/Monogram 1/96 scale 727.

Good luck with your search.

C2j

Edited by Cubs2jets

O Scale?  How about a 1:48 DHC-2 Beaver or DHC-3 Otter?  That should fit ok.  It would be in scale and wouldn't break the bank.  Hmm, evilbay only has 1/72 Beaver kits, but does have plenty of 1/48 decals.  Same story for DHC-3 Otter.  The Otter is larger.  Perhaps you could assemble the fuselage, and place the wings / horizontal stabs on either side sitting on pallets. Or even a 1/72 DHC -6 Twin Otter.  All are availbele in 1/72 for $12-$25.  

• 2 weeks later...

The HobbyCraft 1:48 DHC-3 Otter fusleage is ~10.5 inches long, ~1.75 inches wide and ~3.25 inches tall.  If you demounted the wings & stabs and placed them on pallets sitting behind the fusleage, that would be another ~6.5 inches.  Joila!  All to scale!  

Edited by Dutch