F-16 All Black Aggressor?

Just ran across an article about an F-16 Aggressor that is to be painted all black like an SR-71 or China's J-31, J-20. This will be A great addition to the otherwise repetitive Gray schemes that most of my planes tend to be. Hint Hint to the Aftermarket decal gods!.. https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/29177/new-black-and-red-aggressor-paint-job-slated-for-nellis-based-f-16-adversary-jet

There are some really cool aggressor schemes these days.   Not a huge fan of the all black look but some of the others rock.   Believe the commander of the unit (maybe of the base?) let people submit suggestions for one of the recent schemes and he picked the one he liked best.   Thought that was a nice touch.

1 hour ago, Solo said:

That sheet does not appear to include the latest markings depicted in OP’s link (tail codes & red stripes).  

Edited by habu2
Clarificatiom
2 hours ago, Whiskey said:

I like the black/red combo. Looks more like an 80's (i.e. Topgun) throwback and suits the F-16 well.

Yep looks really retro. Top Gun was my first thought also.

16 hours ago, 11bee said:

There are some really cool aggressor schemes these days.   Not a huge fan of the all black look but some of the others rock.   Believe the commander of the unit (maybe of the base?) let people submit suggestions for one of the recent schemes and he picked the one he liked best.   Thought that was a nice touch.

It was the commander of the 57th Fighter Wing - "Blend'r" - who opened up the submissions to the public. He didn't choose the winner though, we voted for it on Facebook.  There were a few pretty awful schemes that luckily didn't make it too far.  I'm looking forward to doing a walk-around of the Digital Ghost scheme in a few weeks.

Edited by Camus272
14 hours ago, Solo said:

Those were the markings for the temporary 18th AS F-16, not the new Nellis one that will have full markings.   Of course, I just finished 86-295, but the Nellis one looks even better, so now I have to that one too as soon as someone does the markings.

2 hours ago, Solo said:

I hope Two Bobs makes new version of those decals including full range of black aggressors.

I know Bullseye has talked about doing another F-16 Aggressor sheet. I think they are just waiting for a few more new schemes.

1 hour ago, Camus272 said:

I know Bullseye has talked about doing another F-16 Aggressor sheet. I think they are just waiting for a few more new schemes.

Yep This is One of the decal gods of which I speak.  :smiley-transport008: