Ordering kit from Hobby Link, Japan

They have the kit I am wanting (the only ones I've found). The issue is if I can get two of them I will but they won't tell you how much shipping is until it's shipped and you've been charged. Anyone used them and can tell me how much they've charged for shipping a kit (or two)?

TIA

Bob

I don’t have any experience with HLJ, but I see that they give you a shipping quote only for in stock items after you’ve put them into your cart. I wonder if you can put two similarly sized models into your cart and see an estimate that way?

Or email them.  🙂

The shipping price is dependent on the size/weight/destination of the kit.  Without knowing what kit you want to buy and where it’s going, no one here can provide a specific answer.  If the kit is in stock, you can add it to the cart and see what the shipping is during the checkout process, prior to actually placing the order.  If it’s too much, then don’t complete the order.  If it’s a preorder for a kit that hasn’t been released yet, then the best you can do is find another similar sized kit that is in stock and use that to get an idea of what the shipping charges will be.

Edited by Dave Williams

Update. The two kits are in my "private warehouse" ready to be shipped. The shipping quote is a little cheaper than double the single kit price of a comparably sized kit. $73 for shipping two large 1/48 kits via Fedex to the US from Japan is reasonable to me. I will reserve judgement until I receive them but I'm pretty happy with the price and speed these kits were acquired. They are out of production and hard to find.