New 1/32 aggressor decals by Monokio for F16D arcttic/wolpack.ck

Hi all

I see Monokio has just released a set of 1/32 F-16D arctic/Wolfpack decals.  Has anyone used them

yet?  I just bought a set so I'm hoping they are good quality.  Just had a question about them.  Are they for the F16D block 30 or for the F-16 block 32s?Can anyone tell me. I'd be most appreciated Most appreciated if someone can tell me if the decals are for a F16 block 30, In which case I can use the 1/32 Tamiya F16 block 50 with changing it into a block 30 twin seater

or I can use the 1/32 Tamiya F16C block 32 converting it into a twin seater .

So if someone can let me know if the decals are for a block 32 or a block 30, I'd appreciate your help.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, habu2 said:

Look up the serial numbers on f-16.net , that will tell you what block they depict. 

The time to ask was Before you bought them......

Wow, this is a great database of info!  I had no idea all this info was there.

USAF 87378
F-16D Block 30H

USAF 87375
F-16D Block 30H

Naa man, that's half the fun!  Discover decals and set out on the hunt for the kit and parts to make it happen!

EDIT (again...)   Thanks OP, now I'm giving it some real hard thought about buying a 4th SUFA kit to build this one too.  :gr_eek2:

Edited by Scott Smith

Yes and the sufa comes with a price tag half that of the academy F16D kit.  I think the D kit is over 200 euros here.  The sufa you can pick for about 100 euros.  Cool thing about the sufa kit is it comes with baby JDAMS and all the weapons in the Sufa kit are nice too and can use on other projects.  The academy Hornets also came with nice weapon sprues.  Academy makes the best weapons I think outside resin ones.  I think its the only 1/32 kit that comes with baby JDAMS.

I bought one of the D kits (Korean AF) and I have the SUFA boxings as well.  Same exact kits with the exception of instructions and decals.  I found some goodies on the sprues I/m using to build a USAF reserves D with the Sniper targeting pod that came in the box. 

QThen why is the Academy F16D nearly twice the price?  Weird.

I bought a 1/32 Tamiya F16C thunderbirds kit to make the Sufa.  I got the isracast sufa conversion set, Aires F16 block 50 cockpit set, Aires wheel bays, isracast python 3s,, isracast spice bombs, isracast big fuel tanks, isracast Delilah 2 missiles, isracast sufa decals for all squadrons and the heavyweight landing gear from the Tamiya F16cJ block 50. I just think the Tamiya kit is superior to the academy one so that's why I want to make a sufa using the tamiya kit.

Not sure what load out I'll put on the sufa as I also have a 1/32 F15E which I have again the F15I Ra'am isracast conversion set, avionics cockpit set, Isracast F15I decals and isracast python 4/5 missiles for it make the hammers squadron version

I think the sufa using the Tamiya kit will come up beautifully as the sufa is the sexiest F16 version and the F15 using all the isracast and aftermarket will also be a cracker.  Its in my opinion the sexiest F15 version as well. The Israeli camo schemes are the coolest.  I love both these aircraft in Israeli service.

I was also lucky enough to pick up the books isradecal F16I sufa in Israeli service and the isradecal F15I Ra'am in Israeli service.  These are awesome books for reference material in modelling both planes.

I lived in Aqaba on the border with Israel and often visited Eilat on the Israeli side and saw sufas and Ra'ams.  Just awesome!!!!!

But I was never really a fan of the F16 until I saw a sufa and was hooked.  So now I'm planning the F16D as an arctic aggressor , F16N aggressor and a F15C aggressor using the afterburner decals with desert flanker, blue flanker and digital flanker aggressor schemes on it.  Also a nice little project was doing one F15 I to the F15D in tbr blue flanker scheme.  But I can't remember where I got the rear IP  combing from.  A guy was making them privately from resin.  All you needed was the F15E nose section put onto the F15C and use the f15E cockpit and canopy.  Does anyone know who his name as I wouldn't mind making another F15D aggressor.  If anyone knows him, can you let me know?  I use Harold at AMS to make my ACMI pods and use an elta pod on the F15 Aggressor.  Aggressors rock with their cool camo schemes and are a nice change to make  eben you convert kits yo make aggressors.  Breaks away from the norm

Lastly the isracast Sufa conversion set comes with a vacuform canopy but I personally do t like them.  Does anyone want to swap the vacufi canopy for an academy sufa clear canopy as I know a lot of you modellers like to use vacuform canopies.  If anyone wants to swap canopies, give me a yell.

Cheers

Edited by Modelkeenfan

Scott you mentioned using a sniper pod on one of your F16 builds.  Do you have a sniper pod?  If you dont, I have a brand new one from wolfpack with the clear parts and decals.  If you dont have a sniper pod, would you be interested in swapping my sniper pod for two of your baby JDAMS?

I do have one, it comes in the kit.  There are soooo many parts and pieces that are not used for either the SUFA or my Korean AF, you could almost write a book and sell it on how different many hidden parts there are.

Let me look at what I am going to need for my F-4 Kurnass and I'll let you know.  Might not need them at all.  I did give away the two Pythons already.

Scott I'm also desperately needing a 1/32 Academy F16 clear two seater canopy.  I have a vacuform canopy in the isracast sufa conversion set but I personally do t like vacuform canopies.  Do you prefer them?  If you do, I'd also be interested in swapping the canopy for an academy one or buying one from you.  I also have about 4 clear Tamiya F16 single seat canopies I'd swap