Airfix 1/48 Hurricane Mark I - any good?

Hi all,

I've done a bit of research, but haven't found a lot of info about the latest 1/48 scale Hawker Hurricane.  It looks to be the Airfix kit from about 2015.  I've seen a few reviews, but that kit hasn't gotten nearly as much attention or interest as many other airplanes, and I'm wondering how many if you here may have that kit, and better yet, have built it.  Anyone have any thoughts about it?  

Overall it is a very nice kit.  It has some areas of Airfix engineering which causes some of the assembly to get a bit fiddly.  II takes a little longer to build than the Hasegawa kit but in the end it makes a very nice Hurricane.  I've built two of them and have another one on the shelf.  HTH, Dave.

7 hours ago, HistnScale said:

Overall it is a very nice kit.  It has some areas of Airfix engineering which causes some of the assembly to get a bit fiddly.  II takes a little longer to build than the Hasegawa kit but in the end it makes a very nice Hurricane.  I've built two of them and have another one on the shelf.  HTH, Dave.

Thanks, Dave.  Sounds like it's worth getting then.  I appreciate your response!

Very nice kit.  Like all of the newer Airfix kits, the prop blades are very thick and chunky looking, and the plastic is *very* soft.  You have to be very careful sanding, as it’s easy to sand too much, especially on mating surfaces.  But overall it is a very nice kit, and easier to build than the Hasegawa kit from about 25 years ago.