CD144022 - 1/144 C-131 Samaritan

• 1 month later...

This sheet will be part  of the next batch of releases. There were lots of interesting candidates but I had to settle on 6 of them for the final sheet. MA, TX and NM ANG aircraft are there, as well as an earlier MATS aeromedical transport and a US Navy aircraft based at NAF Mildenhall.

cd144022.jpg

This is the final form of the sheet - there was no space for windshield markings, sorry. I drew them and may include them later on a Basics sheet with windshield markings for many different types.

Well, that sounds very encouraging! But I just went to the Roden website and looked at the CV-340 product page.  Is it me, or do the cabin windows appear to be molded 90 deg out?  Also note that I measured the window openings with a red line then copied the red line and placed it over the windows.  Hmm. something fishy going on here!   It looks like each window will need to be cut and glued in place piecemeal.  Kursad,  We may need those CV-340/440/ C-131/T-29/CC-109 window decals sooner than later.

002.JPG

Edited by Dutch
add photo and remarks.
  • 2 weeks later...

Belay my last!  The Roden Convairliner windows do appear to be correctly molded.  The photo I downloaded from the Roden website must be distorted somehow.  I found the kit on eBay with a parts picture which I have included below.  When I do the very unscientific red line measurement test again, it appears to match.  So, I stand corrected and belay my last blast.  Phew!   

001.JPG.569d018e88d9a02cfedb00f3aea77b64.JPG

• 1 month later...

Woohoo! Nice work Scott! I love those red & white lightning bolt schemes.  My Roden 1/144 CV-340 arrived on the doorstep today. So I will see if I can squeeze it in over the holidays between replacing my home AC system with ducts and family visiting over New Years.