Hasegawa 1/48 TA-4 part needed...

I need the "ladder tube" part from the Hasegawa 1/48 TA-4 kit. (Part V 39)

If anyone has this kit and can help me out, please send me a PM here.

Scott

CNJC-IPMS

Since that issue is solved, maybe I can piggyback onto this without seeming rude now. Any idea where to get a front windscreen for same plane. Mine seems to have evaporated somehow. I've looked EVERYWHERE, even places I'm normally afraid to find a clown at, and it refuses to be found.

7 hours ago, evilmedic13 said:

Since that issue is solved, maybe I can piggyback onto this without seeming rude now. Any idea where to get a front windscreen for same plane. Mine seems to have evaporated somehow. I've looked EVERYWHERE, even places I'm normally afraid to find a clown at, and it refuses to be found.

I know there's a vac canopy for the A-4M. Does the TA-4J have the same windscreen (or close to it) that the A-4M has? That might be an option.

Yes, the TA-4 and A-4M windscreen are the same. 

As for the ladder tube piece, I've always thought it was interesting that Hasegawa included a white metal piece in their Blue Angel A-4F boxing, but added a plastic one to the TA-4's. The only jets to have this ladder were the Blue Angel airframes. 

I'm hoping with the re-release of the original TA-4J boxing from Hasegawa, that some of these PE and resin sets will become available again. They have all gone the way of the dodo, while kit prices for the TA have come sky high. I just picked up one on eBay for $38 and that's the cheapest price I've seen in years.

2 hours ago, skyhawk524 said:

Yes, the TA-4 and A-4M windscreen are the same. 

As for the ladder tube piece, I've always thought it was interesting that Hasegawa included a white metal piece in their Blue Angel A-4F boxing, but added a plastic one to the TA-4's. The only jets to have this ladder were the Blue Angel airframes. 

I'm hoping with the re-release of the original TA-4J boxing from Hasegawa, that some of these PE and resin sets will become available again. They have all gone the way of the dodo, while kit prices for the TA have come sky high. I just picked up one on eBay for $38 and that's the cheapest price I've seen in years.

On 8/4/2019 at 8:23 AM, Darren Roberts said:

I know there's a vac canopy for the A-4M. Does the TA-4J have the same windscreen (or close to it) that the A-4M has? That might be an option.

Thanks guys. Time to let my google-foo shine once again!

The TA-4J is the only way to make an OA-4M as well. The Monogram kit is good in a pinch, but Hasegawa/Steel Beach combo yields a bit more modern kit. I've never understood why Hasegawa never released an OA-4M. They almost have everything they need. 

2 hours ago, Darren Roberts said:

The TA-4J is the only way to make an OA-4M as well. The Monogram kit is good in a pinch, but Hasegawa/Steel Beach combo yields a bit more modern kit. I've never understood why Hasegawa never released an OA-4M. They almost have everything they need. 

Phase Hangar Resin has a conversion in the works. That said, I built the venerable Monogram OA-4M last year and it was quite an enjoyable build. Out of the box except for Furball decals.