External differences between F16 block 30 and block 50

My only challenge left is I bought the aires 1/32 F16C cockpit set for the academy kit and now I'll have to careful joint the front pit to the rear pit that comes in the kit.  The rear pit is obviously not as detailed as the aires resin front pit as it the rear pit is from the kit.  So I'll have to spruce it up a bit to match the front pit detail.  I thought about using Eduard sets but Eduard only make an Eduard cockpit for the academy sufa which is obviously a block 52 and the instrument layout would be completely different to a F16D.  So I'll have to cut off the rear pit from the kit tub and attach it to the aires front tub.  Bit with a few good pics of a F16D rear pit, I will be able to bring it up to standard.  So thinking of which. does anyone have any good pics showing all angled of the rear and front tubs of the F16D and any general good pics of the F16D cockpit in general?

Bjorn at F16.net has been super in answering my emails and providing a wealth of information to me.  He is s really nice guy and really patient considering the amount of questions he must receive from us modellers with very little knowledge on F16s.  If you email him, he replies almost immediately and goes out of his well to be helpful.

But guys any pics of the F16D cockpit front and rear tubs would make my day if anyone can post some or PM them to me.  Posting them is probably better as then everyone has access to them.

Also at the moment, I'm making a 1/32 trumpeter SU-25.  Amyone made one?  God its the most challenging kit ive ever built over the years.  As usual with trumpeter, you two tubes of filler and a lot of patience!!!!  But its nicely detailed and should come up nice.  Doing a Russian version afghan veteran.

Guys just drifting off topic for a second.  I also want to make a 1/32 F15C aggressor using afterburner decals #AFD48081 (decals are in 1/32 scale but also come with 1/48 scale version)

Not sure which scheme yet from desert flanker, blue flanker or digital flanker aggressor schemes).

My quick question was would a 1/32 aires late version cockpit set be ok on its own or should I also use the 1/32 wolfpack #WP32025 MSIP update set which has the updated IPs ect.  I'm assuming the updated IPs etc came into service in the cockpits of the F15Cs prior to 2012?  Anyone let me know?

So guys just recap what I need to change externally to make the F16D

1/ ommit parts C24 and C25 air intakes from tail fin

2/ sand off bulges on main landing gear doors as using lightweight landing gear

3/ put landing lights on main landing gear struts

4/ only have 2 (max 4) dispensers 

5/ use the MCID intake for late version F16D or the small mouth for early version

So is that all the correct changes?  If I just follow the instructions and copy the Tamiya Thunderbird externally (except the tail air intake parts), I should have an externally correct F16D.  Is that correct?  Nothing else needs changing?

Thanks again Niels.  Photos will be invaluable.  I'm just going g to have to be very careful cutting up the Aires cockpit set to joint it to the kit rear tub.  Then my next challenge will be getting the kit rear tub to the standard of the front resin one as obviously the kit rear tub is pretty basic.  I think I'll try and use the left and right consoles from the thunderbirds kit as they at least are fairly detailed.  Then of course maybe an Eduard F16 placards set and add an oxygen hose ect.  But I think with a bit of work and effort, the rear tub will come up just as well.  I also have the 1/32 black box F16C thunderbirds block 32 cockpit set so will also be able to maybe cut the consoles off and other things to add to the rear tub.

For the sufa ill make from the thunderbirds kit, the isracast conversion set comes with a resin rear tub so won't have the same problem there as I'll join that to an aires Block 50 front tub.

Funny how we think of a project and it snowballs into full blown hard thinking project like this F16D.  I could have just bought a 1/32 Academy F16D but that it over 200 euros.  I think way to expensive for an academy kit

I still think the sexiest F16 has got to be the Sufa.  It just looks great, great camp scheme, extreme lethality in a strike fighter and just rocks.  So I can't wait to build NY sufa either.

So I just bought the sufa wheel bays, cockpit set, metal static dischargers, AN/ALQ 188 pod and now just ordered  4  resin ACMI pods from Harold as will do a couple of other aggressors -F15C, F18B (tip gun I. Splinter camo) F18B and I think a top gun F14A in splinter camo too.  Aggressors are great as just love the variations of camo schemes

For as much as you seem to have spent on kits and aftermarket items for your build, you should spend a bit more on a good reference book (or two). Between Reid Air’s Modern Viper Guide and Isra’s book on the F-16I Sufa you will have all the photos and descriptions you need and  can spend more time building on the bench and less time on the keyboard. 

There are similar books availabe for F-15s as well.

Yes I have the Isradecal book F16I Sufa in IAF service and the isradecal book F-15I Ra'am in IAF service.  I also have a 1/32 Tamiya F-15E with the isracast conversion set, decals and all the aftermarket ect ect as I also love the F-15I Ra'am.  I have a pretty good library but just never really been a F-16 fan except for the Sufa.  I'm more into Russian aircraft and mud movers such as Su25, A10, F18, G-14, tornado etc which I all have in the stash including Mig21, mig29, mig23 ect.  So my library as I said is quite extensive but on everything really except the F16.