Best rotary tool or microdrill for plastic and resin.

I use the Tamiya drill, so no problems there. But I do need to sand and cut as needed to use detail conversion kits, PE parts and resin, so I'm guessing some sort of variable speed. Any recommendations? I don't want to spend more than $200.

Edited by WelshZeCorgi

One of the best, if not the best in my book, are Foredom Flex Shaft tools. I have an old one that has worked flawlessly for almost three decades though the foot controller is starting to get a bit sticky and I should replace it). They are NOT cheap but when you need torque for drilling, cutting or sanding at low speeds, this is your baby. The foot controller is a must.

https://www.foredom.net/product/k-2272-general-applications/

Edited by Mstor
9 hours ago, Mstor said:

One of the best, if not the best in my book, are Foredom Flex Shaft tools. I have an old one that has worked flawlessly for almost three decades though the foot controller is starting to get a bit sticky and I should replace it). They are NOT cheap but when you need torque for drilling, cutting or sanding at low speeds, this is your baby. The foot controller is a must.

https://www.foredom.net/product/k-2272-general-applications/

Are they ever on sale? Know where can I get a coupon code? I'm happy to buy top quality tools, but it is pretty expensive...

6 hours ago, WelshZeCorgi said:

Are they ever on sale? Know where can I get a coupon code? I'm happy to buy top quality tools, but it is pretty expensive...

I really never payed any attention to any sales of Foredom products. As I noted, I've had the same unit for almost three decades and it has worked flawlessly. So, no need to go looking for a new one :thumbsup:.

P.S. Try Googling Foredom tools. They are being sold by many vendors. Home Depot sells them cheaper than the Foredom site. Others may also.

Edited by Mstor