Kitty Hawk F-35B Version 2

What they didn't fix:

• No APU exhaust right side-bottom (roughly between trailing edge of wing and leading edge of horizontal tail)
  • Exhaust nozzle still appears to be for the A/C models, not the shorter B one.
  • Weapon pylons are significantly too far forward and would prevent the leading edge flaps from lowering. The leading edge of the pylons must be behind the flap hinge!!!!
  • Can't tell from the photos, but the wings don't line up seamlessly with the fuselage. Neither the A or B kits had tabs to help alignment and the C kit had tabs on the wings that are completely useless. What you need to do is glue plasticard strips on the top and bottom fuselage halves (and let them dry!) before attaching the wings. This will force the wings to match up with the fuselage without a 'step' on either the top or bottom.
  • I chose to build my F-35B with the canopy closed only to discover that the canopy is a little to long for the fuselage opening.
  • There is no detail on the inside of the engine bay if the nozzle is pointed down in the vertical landing mode.
  • The antenna on the top fuselage centerline is not on operational jets.
  • The weapon bays are a inaccurate as is the AMRAAM mounting.
  • The bulge between the weapon bay was inaccurate on the original A & B kits (C kit got it right). Can't tell if that was fixed.

Those are the biggy errors and omissions that I remember. It doesn't look like any of them were fixed from what little I can see from the available photos.

28 minutes ago, habu2 said:

I’d rather wait for Meng to release B & C versions. 

I keep on waiting for that.  I wonder if it is going to be like waiting for Tamiya's F-16D.  For whatever reason, the F-35 sadly doesn't seem to be like a popular subject.