Hey everyone, 

I’ve had lots of interest in many Mach2 models and I know they are quite crude when it comes to quality. I also know they take lots of extra work to build. I’ve read many reviews in forums but they were all from many years ago. I was wondering if any of you know if their newer subjects are better quality than their older kits or are they still the same as their older offerings. I have no problem putting in extra work to make reasonable looking model but just want to know that the end result accuracies of the model will be worth spending the money on. 

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Mark,

I have a few of their newer kits and while they will never be Tamiya , etc quality, I think they are getting better. 

You still need to clean up parts, there seems to be less flash. Some of the later kits I have include the Argosy, Comet, Learjet and Squirrel Helo

I built the Learjet, which is - according to scalemates - from 2014. The plastic itself was ok, the shape of the model wasn´t. Which is not really understandable, considering what other short-run-companies have been able to offer already at that timeframe...

HAJO

1 hour ago, Hajo L. said:

I built the Learjet, which is - according to scalemates - from 2014. The plastic itself was ok, the shape of the model wasn´t. Which is not really understandable, considering what other short-run-companies have been able to offer already at that timeframe...

HAJO

That's probably why they are STILL known as "Mach Poo". :rofl:

I still have their C-123 Provider in my stash, and may do a "joint" build someday, with my Roden C-123.

Larry

On 8/7/2019 at 9:06 PM, ReccePhreak said:

<...> "Mach Poo". :rofl:

I still have their C-123 Provider in my stash, and may do a "joint" build someday, with my Roden C-123.

Larry

In German we have a saying that translates to "having the choice between plague and cholera". And here's Larry happily asking for both! :rofl:

Edited by ChernayaAkula
On 8/7/2019 at 2:06 PM, ReccePhreak said:

That's probably why they are STILL known as "Mach Poo". :rofl:

Larry

A "joint" build? That's almost what you need to be able to work on a Mach 2 kit. It takes away rational thinking!

On 8/6/2019 at 5:57 PM, cf18hornet said:

Hey everyone, 

I’ve had lots of interest in many Mach2 models and I know they are quite crude when it comes to quality. I also know they take lots of extra work to build. I’ve read many reviews in forums but they were all from many years ago. I was wondering if any of you know if their newer subjects are better quality than their older kits or are they still the same as their older offerings. I have no problem putting in extra work to make reasonable looking model but just want to know that the end result accuracies of the model will be worth spending the money on. 

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Hi Mark,

They do require extra skill to build and aren't easy at all.  The smaller detail parts can be crude, and the clear parts aren't very clear...  I recently build one of their Convair 340 kits.  You are see some photos and info here:

If you decide to tackle one, I wish you luck!

-Derek