Need to contact Great Wall Hobby for some spares

Hi Mstor,

Checked Facebook as you suggested but they don't seem to be keeping it up and anyway I try to stay away from social media except for Linkedin. 

@HomeBe, thanks also, I tried the e-mail address you suggested but no reaction. 

Thanks both for your time.

@GWH, are you listening?

4 hours ago, serendip said:

Hi Mstor,

Checked Facebook as you suggested but they don't seem to be keeping it up and anyway I try to stay away from social media except for Linkedin. 

@HomeBe, thanks also, I tried the e-mail address you suggested but no reaction. 

Thanks both for your time.

@GWH, are you listening?

I left a message for GWH on their Facebook and posted on their timeline (or whatever its called). You're right, the page is not active, but can't hurt to try.

15 hours ago, Mstor said:

I left a message for GWH on their Facebook and posted on their timeline (or whatever its called). You're right, the page is not active, but can't hurt to try.

Unless they have someone in the west with access to updating their FB page, it will never be updated again.  The Chinese government blocks all access in China to Facebook, and its citizens risk arrest if they are found accessing it.  

7 hours ago, serendip said:

In the hands of the Gods I guess, and Lucky Model where I purchased the kit and sent an e-mail.
I'll let you all know if LM helped.

Really hope you're sorted out in no time, as far as Lion Roar and Lucky Model are concerned, for almost two months my enquire for spares has been passed between one another like they didn't want to be the ones taking care of my request. It took me 25 mails in total before I was told that shipment cost should be on me because the part I needed shipped was large, and that the distance for it to be shipped way far away.

I put them both in their place by telling them that, with that lame policy, they ought to make damn sure QC didn't skip any defective parts being put inside the boxes, all the more so if purchasers were overseas. No more GWH kits for me, unfortunately.

I really felt like I had to beg a spare part from those very same jacknuts who packed and sold me a defective kit.

To hell with them.

Edited by Hubbie Marsten
Typo
1 hour ago, Sleepy said:

Unless they have someone in the west with access to updating their FB page, it will never be updated again.  The Chinese government blocks all access in China to Facebook, and its citizens risk arrest if they are found accessing it.  

Ouch! Oh well.  :dontknow:

GWH has no aftermarket service whatsoever. I tried for 3 years and countless emails to various peoples for a cracked  mig-29 canopy replacement ( I even offered to bear all cost including post) but to no avail.

Good luck and die trying, buddy. I already lost faith on them. Such a pity.great and accurate kits,but the most unpleasant customer service on earth. Even the trumpeter/ hobbyboss is light year ahead compared to GWH in aftersale services.

^^^ So in your case it was not a question of part size/far location for them to comply, as you are at stone-throw distance from Hong Kong, compared to me.

What a silly policy they've got. And it's not only that. Were I limited to purchase a GWH kit in person, at a hobby store, where I'm able to check for any defective parts before paying,  but it's not that I asked for aftermarket service parts; I received a defective kit which part made the kit unbuildable.

Where do GWH get off asking me to identify my purchase, send pictures of the defective part and whatnot if, in the end, it was going to be a case of sending 25 e-mails back and forth between Lion Roar and Lucky Model to then be told the cost was on me?

They themselves acknowledged the part as had been packed defective, why ON EARTH would I be charged the cost for a replacement?

Something dodgy there. Had it been a small part such as a canopy, they wouldn't have complied either. 

On 8/8/2019 at 9:47 AM, Hubbie Marsten said:

Really hope you're sorted out in no time, as far as Lion Roar and Lucky Model are concerned, for almost two months my enquire for spares has been passed between one another like they didn't want to be the ones taking care of my request. It took me 25 mails in total before I was told that shipment cost should be on me because the part I needed shipped was large, and that the distance for it to be shipped way far away.

I put them both in their place by telling them that, with that lame policy, they ought to make damn sure QC didn't skip any defective parts being put inside the boxes, all the more so if purchasers were overseas. No more GWH kits for me, unfortunately.

I really felt like I had to beg a spare part from those very same jacknuts who packed and sold me a defective kit.

To hell with them.

Drop the PM to me and I see if I can do anything for you 

6 hours ago, Hubbie Marsten said:

Where do GWH get off asking me to identify my purchase, send pictures of the defective part and whatnot

Where do they "get off"?  It's called being in business.  Can you just go to your local Ford dealer and ask for a new door handle and expect to get it?  Really?

1 hour ago, Raymond Chung said:

Drop the PM to me and I see if I can do anything for you 

Raymond, I just did. Thanks a lot for your help, my friend; sincerely.

1 hour ago, Sleepy said:

Where do they "get off"?  It's called being in business.  Can you just go to your local Ford dealer and ask for a new door handle and expect to get it?  Really?

Yes, I really could, if Ford had sold me a car with a defective door handle on it; it's just my right as a customer to claim.

And it's very easy for you to be pointing your finger on people about their claims on an open forum, when I would really like to see what you'd do about it had it been you the one getting a defective kit instead.

Bleh, perhaps you wouldn't even complain, by the look of your silly input.

I'll give you being in business, you bloody dweeb... :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Hubbie Marsten said:

Bleh, perhaps you wouldn't even complain, by the look of your silly input.

I'll give you being in business, you bloody dweeb... :rolleyes:

Hubbie, chill. Its not worth it letting people get under your skin. :thumbsup:

8 hours ago, Raymond Chung said:

Please email me or PM me if you don’t get the response 

Thanks Raymond,

I got a great response from David at your service desk. He'll be sending me the parts when the kit is back in stock.

Thanks@David,

Marc.

Way to go Raymond and LuckyModel. If they gave out lifetime achievement awards for the model industry, like they do for the entertainment industry, Raymond would definitely be on the short list. Yes, this is a shameless plug for LuckyModels and Raymond :whistle: :thumbsup2:

Thanks

what I can help to recheck the ‘incomplete’ we have before with customer services and take out first and we will wait the part from maker. 

This is because most market would not keep sprue part inventory. The only time we can get it is when it is being reproductions where no confirm schedule either to the maker themself. 

19 hours ago, Raymond Chung said:

Thanks

what I can help to recheck the ‘incomplete’ we have before with customer services and take out first and we will wait the part from maker. 

This is because most market would not keep sprue part inventory. The only time we can get it is when it is being reproductions where no confirm schedule either to the maker themself. 

Whatever is easier for you Raymond. I am happy to wait until the kit is back in stock. I CC'd you in my mail to David so feel free to contact me via e-mail if you prefer.

Regards,

Marc.

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 7:16 AM, HomeBe said:

Here's another email address: lionroar@vip.sina.com

68965870-670302000153495-761137402357796

V.P.

So what? That's one of the mails I've been contacting for nearly two months TO NO AVAIL WHATSOEVER, as of today. It's really brought back very bad memories.

If @Raymond Chung is not able to help me, I'd say it's bye-bye for good Great Wall Hobby. 

22 hours ago, Hubbie Marsten said:

So what? That's one of the mails I've been contacting for nearly two months TO NO AVAIL WHATSOEVER, as of today. It's really brought back very bad memories.

If @Raymond Chung is not able to help me, I'd say it's bye-bye for good Great Wall Hobby. 

Hey Hubbie, where did you buy your kit? If it's not at LM Raymond (obviously) can't help.

Marc.

1 hour ago, Hubbie Marsten said:

You just live and learn who you can trust and who you can not.

The newer companies that have sprung up in recent years give the impression they are businessmen looking for commercial avenues to ply their trade. They've found a market when some customers are eager for new products and very willing to spend generous dollars to get them. They are not modellers and don't understand that parts get lost, damaged  and so forth. After they initial sale, any other followup just takes away from their next project and venture. Lets say they produce a 1000 kits, sell them. What difference would it make to support the customer, they just sold the quantities they produced. Possibly they are not aware the size of the modeller community.

Any more ranting I do will just take me down a spiralling descent.