Need to contact Great Wall Hobby for some spares

11 hours ago, Hubbie Marsten said:

Bought it at Lucky Model. All in all, down this far in the quarter, I don't really expect Raymond to sort me out either.

You just live and learn who you can trust and who you can not.

Did I miss the plot? I thought Raymond was quite helpful. As I understood it he would send me the GWH parts as soon as they have that particular kit back in stock.

Marc.

On 8/17/2019 at 2:56 AM, serendip said:

As I understood it he would send me the GWH parts as soon as they have that particular kit back in stock.

Marc, the parts I needed were in stock almost six months ago when I started to beg them (by "them" I mean Lion Roar first and then Lucky Model, when the former passed my issue on to the latter).

For two whole months I had to battle with one and the other; I bothered with submitting the requested info to them, answering e-mails back and forth, and what for? In the end I was asked to pay a lot of cash for the shipping of those replacement parts!

It's really not my fault if the QC at GWH employ blind monkeys to do their jobs; I was sold a defective kit, and it's not my fault if I dwell on the other half of the world. I'm a customer, so it shouldn't matter to them AT ALL where my location is.

Did you have any PMs back from Raymond? I PMd him a week ago and didn't have any news from him, not even to tell me that I must wait for my parts to be available - again. My parts were available and yet they didn't agree to sort me out. Why would they help me now? This is why my hopes with Raymond helping me out amount to zilch

Every other manufacturer in the area I had trouble with have sent me the requested replacement parts; Tamiya have sent me parts, Hasegawa have sent me parts, Academy have sent me parts, Trumpeter have sent me parts, Kitty Hawk have sent me parts, Hobby Boss have sent me parts.

If I can no longer trust a manufacturer to send me the replacement parts when they come defective in their kits I'm afraid the best is not to risk throwing my money down the drain by purchasing their kits. This is what I'm going to do, even when the GWH kits are really awesome. Now, what's awesomeness worth if you're not going to be able to build a model because of their greedy stubbornness? That's silly. 

1 hour ago, Hubbie Marsten said:

Marc, the parts I needed were in stock almost six months ago when I started to beg them (by "them" I mean Lion Roar first and then Lucky Model, when the former passed my issue on to the latter).

For two whole months I had to battle with one and the other; I bothered with submitting the requested info to them, answering e-mails back and forth, and what for? In the end I was asked to pay a lot of cash for the shipping of those replacement parts!

It's really not my fault if the QC at GWH employ blind monkeys to do their jobs; I was sold a defective kit, and it's not my fault if I dwell on the other half of the world. I'm a customer, so it shouldn't matter to them AT ALL where my location is.

Did you have any PMs back from Raymond? I PMd him a week ago and didn't have any news from him, not even to tell me that I must wait for my parts to be available - again. My parts were available and yet they didn't agree to sort me out. Why would they help me now? This is why my hopes with Raymond helping me out amount to zilch

Every other manufacturer in the area I had trouble with have sent me the requested replacement parts; Tamiya have sent me parts, Hasegawa have sent me parts, Academy have sent me parts, Trumpeter have sent me parts, Kitty Hawk have sent me parts, Hobby Boss have sent me parts.

If I can no longer trust a manufacturer to send me the replacement parts when they come defective in their kits I'm afraid the best is not to risk throwing my money down the drain by purchasing their kits. This is what I'm going to do, even when the GWH kits are really awesome. Now, what's awesomeness worth if you're not going to be able to build a model because of their greedy stubbornness? That's silly. 

Fair enough, Hubbie, but once again my impression is that Raymond confirmed I would receive the defective parts once LM has the kit back in stock. I guess Raymond is a smart businessman and will keep his word, especially seeing as it's getting some press via this thread.

Try David at Lucky Model. He and Raymond were really very helpful.

For now I'm trusting them to keep their promise and deliver.

Marc.

1 hour ago, serendip said:

I guess Raymond is a smart businessman and will keep his word, especially seeing as it's getting some press via this thread.

I'm very sorry about this press he's getting, and despite my disappointment, it wasn't my intention to post anything regarding my issue until I noticed there was another customer complaint regarding their Customer Service.

I forgot to tell you that Kinetic have once sent some replacement parts as well, and I mentioned this to Raymond on my PM to him when he offered to help.

I've never had any issues with the GWH kits until I bought the 1/48 Su-35 kit; I bought their every 1/48 range of kits, both WWII and Modern, with which I was more than happy. I'm really looking forward to the releasement of their 1/48 Tomcat and Su-27 kits, but I certainly can't risk the kits coming with defective parts if the Customer Service are not going to sort me out if there's a defective part on any of both kits.

Not very nice to be unable to build a kit for over six months now after having paid almost $110 for the kit and its shipment. It's totally unacceptable, and any manufacturer carrying out this sort of silly policy is screaming out loud for the loss of customers, I'm afraid.  

4 hours ago, Hubbie Marsten said:

Good grief how often do you request replacement parts? I’ve been in this hobby for several decades and I can count the number of times I’ve reqested replacement parts on two fingers.....

Raymond usually keeps his word, so wouldn't worry. So in all fairness, propose that you stop posting your negative experiences, as they are not shared by all by far.
And if you have had such bad experiences, and sorry if you have, this forum is not the place to address them. You should instead contact the vendor you bought from. 

3 hours ago, habu2 said:

I’ve been in this hobby for several decades and I can count the number of times I’ve reqested replacement parts on two fingers.....

Lucky guy...!!! :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Niels said:

So in all fairness, propose that you stop posting your negative experiences, as they are not shared by all by far.
And if you have had such bad experiences, and sorry if you have, this forum is not the place to address them. You should instead contact the vendor you bought from. 

This is what happens when people post without having read the thread thoroughly. I have already contacted the vendor.

You are no one to be proposing anything to anyone. This is not the first time I've read modelers post their negative experiences in this forum, so how come you give me the lip against it? And it's about the only bad experience I've ever posted about on this forum, and I give a rat's arse whether or not they are shared by all.

Think the only way you're ever going to get it is the day it happens to you.

Edited by Hubbie Marsten
Typo

Well, you spend 9 post in someone else's thread with you complaints, grievances etc. against one supplier and you have issues when this is commented on and countered? 

Get real and go build something. 

8 hours ago, Niels said:

Well, you spend 9 post in someone else's thread with you complaints, grievances etc. against one supplier

In case that it skipped your wits, this thread is about someone who's stated not to have been able to contact a supplier, which is the same supplier I've had trouble with, hence, I posted with regard to my bad experiences with them.

You've posted input twice, which amounts to nothing on this thread so far, just in order to try to tell me (in vain) what I can and can not post, apparently, speaking in the name of all.

Who you think you are in order to be entitled to do this I don't care; you can comment whatever you want and see how much of a damn I give about it. Go ahead; I've got no issues at all. If you are here to polish some manufacturers' knobs is not my problem; you're the one who's got issues then.

I'm just speaking about a supplier who's denied my right to claim replacement parts as a customer. If you've got a problem with that you should get over it.

8 hours ago, Niels said:

Get real and go build something. 

:rolleyes: Oh, but I'm really trying to; it's sort of a Catch 22 situation, if your wits could grab the meaning of. It's just that you'd understand I won't be able to build this kit until I get some replacements for parts which come with defective in it, and which supplier has forfeited. This is the sole purpose of those 9 posts so far, you dig now?

2 hours ago, serendip said:

Well, isn't this all going well.

Sorry about that Serendip. Just anoying with some persons behaviour. Reason is lost since long with this one so I'm done. 

20 hours ago, serendip said:

Well, isn't this all going well.

Marc, I just thought I might as well support you in the way I did; you were affected by not being able to get response from GWH just as I was, whereas this Niels, whoever he is, just jumped in on this thread for reasons any other than that...

And now he still dares talk about some lost reason? :rofl:You know, that'd be called being a goody-two-shoes hypocrite in my block.

Hopefully, now he's done (or so he said). Let's just hope he has. 

• 1 month later...

All,

As expected excellent help from Raymond and his team at Lucky Model. GWH spares will be dispatched later this week.

They have kept their word as I thought they would.

@Niels, thanks for your support in this thread.

@Raymond, David at LM, thanks for your cooperation and professionalism.

Marc.

On 8/19/2019 at 10:01 AM, Hubbie Marsten said:

... Tamiya have sent me parts, Hasegawa have sent me parts, Academy have sent me parts, Trumpeter have sent me parts, Kitty Hawk have sent me parts, Hobby Boss have sent me parts. 

I forgot to tell you that Kinetic have once sent some replacement parts as well ... .

As habu2 said, "Good grief". Reminds me of Joe Btfsplk. Hope your luck improves so you can better enjoy this wonderful hobby.

Gene K

38 minutes ago, serendip said:

I had to look it up Gene, I had no idea who Joe B. was:

Yes Joe was was way ahead of his time, the first with a cloud-based tracking system...  :stooges:

5 hours ago, GeneK said:

Hope your luck improves so you can better enjoy this wonderful hobby.

Thanks, Gene. Me too; I buy a lot of kits; three or four each month, sometimes more. You won't believe how awful manufacturers QC depts. get to be doing their jobs as they should. :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, serendip said:

I had to look it up Gene, I had no idea who Joe B. was

Hi Marc! Have you been sorted out by GWH yet?

2 hours ago, habu2 said:

Yes Joe was was was was was was was was was was way ahead of his time

Just like me, habu; just like me. :taunt:

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I'm new to this forum but have been building scale models for many years.

I am looking for the PE part "A" and "B" of the GWH L4822 F-15E Strike Eagle
Could I send a pm to Raymond as as has already been said to other members in similar cases
Thanks in advance, Antonis