MiG E-166 - 1/72 scale kit from Modelsvit

The last of the 'BiG MiG' kits from the Ukrainian company of Modelsvit - the record breaking 'E-166'.........

The plastic is exactly the same as the E-152M kit - wiith appropriate differences (no missiles, canards etc..)

spacer.png

The box art shows the E-166 on public display at Domodedovo airport.....

spacer.png

The eight-page instruction booklet is clear and well-printed with easy to read construction diagrams

spacer.png

The colour painting guide is keyed to Humbrol paints.

spacer.png

The big difference is the new decal sheet - the blue flash for the fuselage is included, but the similar blue flash on the fin has to be painted on -

although Modelsvit do provide a vinyl mask for it.

I won't include photos of the sprues - they are exactly the same as in the E-152M build - here.

I have already done the 'sister ships'...... E-150, E-152, E-152-1 and E-152M - so this latest kit should complete the lineup of MiG's on steroids.

The E-166 web page where the WIP will take place is here.

Ken

• 3 weeks later...

I've made a start - lots of sub-assemblies that have to fit inside the fuselage.....

spacer.png

The nosecone/cockpit tub/nosewheel bay, the lower panel with mainwheel bays and the jet engine sub-assembly.

As with previous builds, the cockpit section needs a lot of 'fettling' to get it to sit inside the fuselage and allow the two halves to close up.

The same is true if the engine (made up from eight parts) - I had to remove a raised rib from inside the fuselage to get it to fit....

Ken