Fw 190a-8 cockpit vs Fw 190f-8

Are there many differences between the Fw 190A-8 cockpit and the Fw 190F-8 ?  I have the Hasegawa 32nd F-8 kit and was wondering if I could use the Eagle parts A-8 pit for it.  Thanks.

12 hours ago, jwest21 said:

Are there many differences between the Fw 190A-8 cockpit and the Fw 190F-8 ?  I have the Hasegawa 32nd F-8 kit and was wondering if I could use the Eagle parts A-8 pit for it.  Thanks.

I'm not an expert but I thought they would be identical.   Only difference would be the number of those vertical ammunition counters.  

The main instrument panels should be same.  The difference would show up in the small, rectangular auxiliary panel that hangs down from the lower main panel.  There should be some differences on the way the switches and selector are set up.  Overall, unless you have a real expert looking at it, you really will not see a difference.  HTH, Dave

opinion:  There was a war on, and the builders of this airplane were on the losing side.  Who knows what equipment was installed on any given airplane, when what was wanted was flyable aircraft for immediate use.   For myself, I wouldn't be getting worked up about the precise configuration of cockpit equipment that may or may not have been installed on any particular aircraft. 

Edited by peter havriluk
14 hours ago, peter havriluk said:

opinion:  There was a war on, and the builders of this airplane were on the losing side.  Who knows what equipment was installed on any given airplane, when what was wanted was flyable aircraft for immediate use.   For myself, I wouldn't be getting worked up about the precise configuration of cockpit equipment that may or may not have been installed on any particular aircraft. 

There was a small panel added to the dash for the bomb release controller.

Glt