Great Wall Hobby G.W.H L4823 1/48 Su-35S “Flanker E” Air to Surface ver.

Great Wall Hobby G.W.H L4823 1/48 Su-35S “Flanker E” Air to Surface ver. kit to be released soon.
Once again I participated in the designing and painted the samples shown in the pictures.
New tooled parts are:
KAB-1500L/Kr bomb, Kh-29T Air to surface missile, Kh-31AD Anti-ship missile, AKU-58 pylons and BD4-USKM pylons, all comes by a pair in the box.
Especially to be noticed that Kh-31AD is the very first time to be done in 1/48 scale ever, by any material.
Includes 2 eggplant grey schemes and 1 tricolor camo scheme.
Enjoy!

ytDKKE1.jpg

weyOYXC.jpg

nc24drr.jpg

pYM8hDT.jpg

SdltiTG.jpg

jAMEj2V.jpg

Sn7CPSc.jpg

2P5y3Cl.jpg

SJb2w6O.jpg

ftDDF0f.jpg

tuejAiH.jpg

tvXwtqZ.jpg

NmBSZQb.jpg

uT33vGZ.jpg

B1oHFNn.jpg

SqHhRap.jpg

HJUB874.jpg

j4NNVHK.jpg

ExFZEGc.jpg

eSxb64X.jpg

fyAmNIg.jpg

wHBJqgO.jpg

K9WCcGa.jpg

6 minutes ago, foxmulder_ms said:

Jaw dropping work Man, Great model.:clap2: I will be buying one. Could you share the colors you used if you dont mind. 

Sure, I already sent my reciepe to GWH for them to finish the instruction sheet.

Will share in my Su-35 WIP progress later. 

1 minute ago, foxmulder_ms said:

Jaw dropping work Man, Great model.:clap2: I will be buying one. Could you share the colors you used if you dont mind. 

I agree. As usual, your paint work is just beautiful, especially the bare metal surfaces on the fuselage and missiles. The Kh-31ADs are especially nice. I was going to point out that Aerobonus makes a 1/48 KH-31, but it does not appear to be an AD version which is longer than the A.

49 minutes ago, Mstor said:

I agree. As usual, your paint work is just beautiful, especially the bare metal surfaces on the fuselage and missiles. The Kh-31ADs are especially nice. I was going to point out that Aerobonus makes a 1/48 KH-31, but it does not appear to be an AD version which is longer than the A.

Yes Aerobonus made one 1/48 Kh-31, but it was not AD and unfortunately its shape and detail is terribly wrong...

Edited by haneto
typo
7 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Ok now I'm going to buy one. I've been wanting to do an in-flight egg plant Flanker-E for a while and now this one has sold me. I dont even know but does the GWH kit come with a pilot or no?

As far as I know no pilot for this one, or in other words besides weapon all plastic is same as the initial release L4820.

But the new Su-27 family kit shall have seated pilot as standard parts, so there's hope...

33 minutes ago, flybywire said:

I'm not an expert in this fighter jet, but isn't it the kit is sitting quite low as the missiles are almost touching the ground on the finished kit shown? Just wondering.....

Looks about right based off the only pictures I could find on the interwebs.

300px-Russian_missile_-MAKS_Airshow_2003

Su-35BM-Jan-07-Presentation-1.jpg

Edited by Whiskey
8 hours ago, dehowie said:

Sold and sold again!

Now how about that SU-27 we all are waiting for!

Great work!

Well considering Tamiya Hasegawa etc. already did that so many times, so why not. :) 

Vanilla Flanker is under processing and will disclose when it worth to be.

We don’t like to leak picture by picture to attract attention which is so childish.

Business shall always be serious and with faith.

Well, You certainly know how to build and paint models! very lovely, clean work. Thank you for the thread that you did earlier on the build and painting of the Su-35. It is an invaluable resource!

Re the Su-27, having built both the Kittyhawk and GWH Su-35's, I will be waiting patiently for the GWH kit to arrive. Without a doubt, it will be the benchmark Flanker in "any" scale!

M

16 hours ago, haneto said:

Well considering Tamiya Hasegawa etc. already did that so many times, so why not. 🙂

Vanilla Flanker is under processing and will disclose when it worth to be.

We don’t like to leak picture by picture to attract attention which is so childish.

Business shall always be serious and with faith.

We all cant wait for the GWH Flanker!

On 8/16/2019 at 11:39 AM, Matt Walker said:

Well, You certainly know how to build and paint models! very lovely, clean work. Thank you for the thread that you did earlier on the build and painting of the Su-35. It is an invaluable resource!

Re the Su-27, having built both the Kittyhawk and GWH Su-35's, I will be waiting patiently for the GWH kit to arrive. Without a doubt, it will be the benchmark Flanker in "any" scale!

M

On 8/16/2019 at 2:24 PM, dehowie said:

We all cant wait for the GWH Flanker!

You guys won't be disappointed!

With the help from many true aircraft experts like Gabor who gave great help on the Su-35 project, the GWH Su-27 will definitely hit another high level or aircraft model kit research!

I have the Kitty Hawk bird but this GWH one is very tempting too!:gun:

On 8/13/2019 at 4:52 PM, haneto said:

Kh-31AD Anti-ship missile, AKU-58 pylons and BD4-USKM pylons, all comes by a pair in the box.
Especially to be noticed that Kh-31AD is the very first time to be done in 1/48 scale ever, by any material.

which are the external differences with the Kitty Hawk KH-31?

jjj.jpg

Edited by Alpagueur
3 hours ago, Alpagueur said:

I have the Kitty Hawk bird but this GWH one is very tempting too!:gun:

which are the external differences with the Kitty Hawk KH-31?

jjj.jpg

The Kh-31AD is longer than the Kh-31. Greater range from what I've read.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the payload configuration for the kit:

Ke51KJ4.jpg

Instruction sheet cover, with Gabor and my name on it :)

5TKRvSz.jpg

Kit content:

y7SxoUU.jpg

Painting schemes:

"Red 03" and "Red 10" converted to late type(chaff dispensers on the bottom side of tailboom)

They are quite weathered so weathering guys shall be happy to choose these eggplant schemes.

gjBIe6A.jpg

bBYDZoG.jpg

bIuQRvb.jpg

ezmOf7n.jpg

NgRGwjL.jpg

"Blue 25" with typical late type tricolour camo:

Yx03okt.jpg

7ZzVozI.jpg

wsm8grw.jpg

y6yCPPI.jpg

Shall be on shelf in October (later September in China domestic market).

Yufei

It is interesting to see production aircraft in the dark grey "eggplant" scheme. I thought that that was originally only on some early airframes with the old style stinger that had the upward pointing flare dischargers.