Eduard 1/48 MiG-21mf/sm stencils issue

Have any of you experienced issues with the stencils that came with the Eduard MiG-21MF/SM?     The main markings (separate sheet) all went on without a hitch, and the carrier film disappeared completely after a light coating of Alclad semi-matte clear.... but not the stencils.   They seem to be thicker, and I'm not sure if its silvering or something else... but the carrier film is just in your face from almost ever angle.  I'm debating just pulling them all off at this point.  

I dont do the gloss coat before decals, I instead rely on surface prep... but I also had zero problems with the main sheet, or using this method on the Su-35 that I built over the winter, so I don't think a lack of gloss has anything to do with this.   I'm thinking its just that stencil sheet. Maybe I got a dud?  

So, I stripped all of the topside stencils.  It was hell.... and I almost ruined the model, but I managed to salvage it and correct the paint damage last night.  I ordered the Begemot stencil sheet.  I've had good luck with the Begemot stencils when I built the Flanker, so that's that.  

In stripping the stencils, I screwed up and also stripped the numbers from the port side.   Now I've got another problem... replacing those numbers.   Eduard doesn't seem to sell this decal sheet separately.  

Anybody willing to sell me their leftover sheet? Or maybe just snip that decal?  I'm looking for decal# 59 from the main sheet.  The #127 in yellow.  See the below picture. 

mig-21_profile05.png[/img]

• 3 weeks later...

I got the Begemot sheet and those went down pretty well.   Had some surface issues after stripping the original stencils because I was not able to sand everything to the degree that I did in paint prep... so I still had some silvering with the Begemot sheet, but I was able to work around that by first sealing the stencils and then painting over them and carefully sanding back with 2000 grit.  Since the lettering is raised slightly from the backing film, I was able to reveal only the lettering.   

Learned some lessons, and a new technique... and in the end I was able to salvage the build without too much collateral damage.  

Also, shout out to ReccePhreak for sending me the decal that I destroyed in the stripping process.   Much appreciated!