LF pics of specific B-52G...

I'm looking for photos of B-52G 57-6498... specifically of the top of the wings. This aircraft was used in testing of the AGM-86 cruise missile, and for a while, carried orange stripes on the upper surfaces of the wings. The stripes were directly above the missile pylons, running fore and aft. I need to see how far aft.

You can see stripes in the photos below...

Any info greatly appreciated... thanks...
42ff9ff0da10963bf74fcd8409bd9e67.jpg096b21028d38ff98a9beb3f8f65d49d5.jpg

Edited by bluedot25

Tom, You can try asking the USAF Historical Archives at Wright-Patt, although they were not able to help me with my request for B-52G 69-2580 pics of Miss Piggy circa 1980, even after I gave them a ton of info.  I will email you the link when I get home later today.  R/ Dutch

Hi,

I can't help with the original question about the orange stripes, but I do know that the last B-52's built (the H-models) are from FY 60 and 61. Looking for FY 67 B-52's isn't going to yield much.

I figure "Miss Piggy" is simply 59-2580.

The AGM-86 tester is probably 57-6498, which was a B-52G-85-BW (built in Wichita).   

Cheers, Stefan.

You're correct Stefan... My typo error. It should be "57-"

And thanks Dutch... I've contacted them before, but don't have the link. (I sent an actual letter...!  Remember those??!!)

Edited by bluedot25
  • 2 weeks later...

Tom, Yeah, maybe I should send a letter.  It might have a better impact.  Anyway, these markings are available on Wolfpak 72-122 decal sheet, but for a couple of different serial numbers.  What does the instruction sheet say?  Are you building 1/72 or 1/144?  Let me know if you need help as I have this sheet.  I can send a copy of instruction sheet to you.  Or email Mark S. @ Wolfpak decals.  R/ Dutch

Edited by Dutch