New 1/48 Eduard Hurricane?

Hi All,

I must definitely sound like a newly converted Eduard fanboy, and perhaps I am.  But I wanted to ask a related question.  I've seen some references, even in the Eduard Info for August, that a new 1/48 Hurricane may be on the way.  I had just asked, a few weeks ago in a thread here, about the Airfix Hurricane, as I was/am interested in another of those Battle of Britain aircraft.  Since becoming so impressed with the Eduard planes in general, I'm guessing that a new tooled Hurricane would be as impressive as, perhaps, the new P-51D.  Has anyone heard any details, no matter how slight, other than a sideways mention of a Hurricane possibly in the future?

21 minutes ago, Curt B said:

Hi All,

I must definitely sound like a newly converted Eduard fanboy, and perhaps I am.  But I wanted to ask a related question.  I've seen some references, even in the Eduard Info for August, that a new 1/48 Hurricane may be on the way.  I had just asked, a few weeks ago in a thread here, about the Airfix Hurricane, as I was/am interested in another of those Battle of Britain aircraft.  Since becoming so impressed with the Eduard planes in general, I'm guessing that a new tooled Hurricane would be as impressive as, perhaps, the new P-51D.  Has anyone heard any details, no matter how slight, other than a sideways mention of a Hurricane possibly in the future?

Nope, just the mention from Vlad that you alluded to.  No CADs, or anything else.  Might be awhile.  

Hi,

The Hurricane has been mentioned in the Eduard newsletter a couple of times.

They want to do it, they have an interest in the Czechoslovak pilots in the RAF.

CAD's I haven't seen, just a picture of a guy at a computer with the caption "Meanwhile, he's working on the Hurricane". 

I don't recall ever seeing anything like a release date for the Hurricane.

It could indeed be a while before we see it.

It could also be 2020, when the later Mustang boxings have been done and the BoB is 80 years ago.

Cheers, Stefan.