Small Dia. tubing source

I've been very impressed with some of the 1/48 scale detail work that has been posted in the Jet Forum, especially all the wiring and tubing associated with the landing gear. I have an assortment of fine wire and solder, but I'm looking for tubing that I can run the wire through to replicate the fine connections and wire anchor points I see on the aircraft details.

Thanks, Kent

Completely agree, you'll be very happy with Albion Alloys tubing. The tube walls are very thin, 0.1mm. I highly recommend their telescoping tubing sets, they're extremely versatile.

5 hours ago, dnl42 said:

Completely agree, you'll be very happy with Albion Alloys tubing. The tube walls are very thin, 0.1mm. I highly recommend their telescoping tubing sets, they're extremely versatile.

Agreed fully, fantastic stuff. They call them "Slide Fit Tube Packs' . They are not always included on the shop display rack, you may have to look around for them.

Rob

thanks guys, looks like just what I need. Now can you help me with what I should order please I'm building 1/48 and 1/32, I've been using 0.015" solder and 0.010" wire for landing gear tubing and wiring in the past, is there a better diameter? I know some landing gear can be really complex with multiple sizes of tubing. I've seen some amazing examples here on the ARC forums so I would like some pics of your work and what you've used if you don't mind.

Thanks so much for your help.....kent

I simply bought all slide fit tube packs they had in brass:

SFT1 0.4mm, 0.6mm, 0.8mm & 1.0mm Brass Tube (0.1 mm wall thickness)
SFT2 0.3mm, 0.5mm, 0.7mm & 0.9mm Brass Tube (0.1 mm wall thickness)
SFT7 1.2mm, 1.4mm, 1.6mm & 1.8mm Brass Tube (0.1 mm wall thickness)
SFT8 1.1mm, 1.3mm, 1.5mm & 1.7mm Brass Tube (0.1 mm wall thickness)
SFT9 1mm, 2mm, 3mm Brass Tube (1 mm wall thickness)
SFT10 4mm, 5mm, 6mm Brass Tube (1 mm wall thickness)

You'll find used you never thought of. Recommended!

Rob

For fittings try hollow fly tying fishing lure tubing material.. I got mine off Amazon. I bought midge size and micro size. I dont know the dimensions but they are both really really small. If interested try this search term at amazon. HTH

Micro Hollow Tubing Fly Tying Material