Amazon, UPS, USPS, incapable of delivering books without damaging them

Yet again, Amazon, UPS, USPS,  have demonstrated themselves incapable of delivering books without damaging them.
This came from an Amazon warehouse in Kentucky then UPS's SurePost delivered to my little town's US Post Office for "last mile" delivery.
The nice brand new release forty-five dollar list price hardcover was fortunately not in a bag or envelope this time.
But ...
I still gotta say ...
Hey, Amazon, UPS Surepost, US Postal Service, WTF is wrong with you people?

Why do you have so many intellectually defective employees?

This book was in a box, a Box, a BOX, and it still arrived with the corners bashed in.

This has gone on for multiple years and I'm really growing weary of it.
Quite weary of it.

And then there are the long-established independent book sellers who ship a heavy 9 x 12 hardcover in a bag, yes a BAG ...

48608743291_849ab6a089.jpg

48608893282_1d3cc707a6.jpg

48608743041_52fbb86cca.jpg

48608893047_10aa2aed94.jpg

48608418073_b47690b686.jpg

I order all of my books via Amazon and have done so for a few years now. The majority of the time I have had zero issues so I can't complain. Those times when I have had issues I've done what "Dark Knight" posted above and sent them back with an explanation as to why. When they re-send the book it has arrived safe and sound (so far at least). I whole heartedly agree though that books sent in flimsy un-padded envelopes  or with minimal padding are just asking for trouble and its rather silly to do so. Boxes are best (...unless of course the box is too big and the book has spent its travels crashing around inside...) and tightly wrapped padded envelopes are usually fine. I think the carriers handling of not only books but packages in general is getting progressively worse. I've had more boxes arrive crushed, torn, damp, and generally looking like they went ten rounds with a Grizzly over the last year or so then I can remember. Its doesn't matter who or which carrier either. Its frustrating and disappointing.

Good luck getting your book woes sorted out! Hope there is something you can do.

Some of you Gen-X'rs and older may remember an old TV commercial showing shipping employees with parcels, looking lobotomized, shaking packages that said "Do Not Shake," and dropping the ones labeled "Do Not Drop"....

Edited by Andrew D. the Jolly Rogers guy

You need to blame the people that package the book, there is obviously not enough padding at the corners.  The people handling the packages don't have time to read everything that is written on the box as they probably handle a thousand or two parcels every shift and they are not given a a lot of time to do it. I  work at a large airport and while the people I have seen packing containers don't go out of  their way to damage your parcels, accidents happen. Its just a matter of numbers.