Group Build Poll: The Showdown

Will You participate in the Showdown GB ?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Will You participate in the Showdown GB ?

• Yes
    • neat idea, but not for me

Hopefully we can start the GB soon. Any other fun ideas? Even if it is not one you can or will do, we can give prospective builders some ideas.

Revell vs. Monogram vs. HK B-17s

Monogram vs. Hasegawa F-8 Crusader

Airmodel vs. Mach2 vs. Roden C-123 in 1/72 

Cars

MPC vs. Monogram C3 corvettes

MPC vs Monogram 2nd Gen Trans AMs

Monogram Vs. (old) Revell 3rd Gen Firebirds

Johan vs. monogram Torinos

AMT vs. Monogram NASCAR kits ... (same body style)

Tanks

Tamiya vs Takom M3 Lee 

Ships 

Academy vs. Entex Titanic

Arizona (battleship) showdown with a number of options

Real Space

1/72 space shuttles ... revell vs. monogram

Saturn V .. airfix vs. monogram vs. Dragon

Sci Fi

mpc vs. bandai star wars

amt vs polar lights star trek stuff

Things in my stash I could apply to this GB:

ZM/Hasegawa F-4S Phantom

GWH F-15C/Revell F-15E

Kinetic/Monogram F/A-18 Legacy Hornet

Hasegawa/Revell F/A-18F Super Hornet

AFV Club F-5N/Monogram F-5F

Hasegawa/Classic Airframes TA-4J

Testors 1/48 OV-10A/Academy 1/72 OV-10D

Revell 1/48 Tornado GR4/Hasegawa 1/72 Tornado GR1

Hasegawa 1/48 A-7E/Fujimi 1/72 A-7E

I think I'm going to start with the F-5s. After that, likely the F-15s, but maybe the F-4s instead...or maybe the TA-4Js...too many good choices.

I'm planning to start with 1/48 Eduard vs. DML Fokker Dr.Is because I'm still up to my neck in a personal WWI theme build which, coincidentally enough is stalled on a Testors/Hawk vs. Eduard Nieuport 17 build. I had considered Monogram vs. GWH TBD-1 Devastators but the GWH kit has already won that. Also in the stash is Lindberg box scale vs. Monogram 1/48 He. 111s but I'd like to save the Lindberg kit for an oldies style group build. I also have 1/25 AMT vs. Revell 1957 Chevys, 1/48 Airfix vs. Classic Airframes B.P. Defiants, and 1/48 Monogram vs. Hasegawa F-14 Tomcats-one I would consider but I'm also in the midst of rigging Revell's 1/96 USS Constitution and I'm pretty sure that'll use up my ration of patience for the rest of the year...

35 minutes ago, Kurt H. said:

Thanks to SBARC's quick assistance, We are live http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/forum/333-the-showdown-groupbuild/

GB runs 10/1/19 to 10/1/20 ... so round up your kits and figure out what you want to do. We start building on the 1st, so just 5 days to go. 

Good job getting this off the ground, Kurt.

8 hours ago, RKic said:

Good job getting this off the ground, Kurt.

Kurt,

Thanks for the great idea and getting this going.  Since it is going to run for a year I am going to use it as an opportunity to reduce my stash.  6 pairs of kits built over 12 months shouldn't be to hard.  OOB except maybe decals all 1/48.

The list

Monogram/Kinetic EA-6B

Hobbyboss/Academy F8F-1

Grand Phoenix/Hobbyboss FJ4-B

Model USA/Roden  O-1

Monogram/ICM P-51B

Monogram/Great Wall P-61A

We'll see what happens.

Geoff M

I assume the builds don't have to be OOB? I have a couple of builds I was going to do anyway that would fit into this GB but I intend to do some scratch and 3D printed mods to both kits. I am going to start on the Tamiya 1/100 Space Shuttle (hopefully adding a stack to it) and another Monogram 1/72 scale shuttle with many added payload bay and window parts etc....

Thanks,

Bill

3 hours ago, niart17 said:

I assume the builds don't have to be OOB? I have a couple of builds I was going to do anyway that would fit into this GB but I intend to do some scratch and 3D printed mods to both kits. I am going to start on the Tamiya 1/100 Space Shuttle (hopefully adding a stack to it) and another Monogram 1/72 scale shuttle with many added payload bay and window parts etc....

Thanks,

Bill

That is correct. Any amount is AM is fine, Just be mindful when comparing two kits, the Aftermarket parts might change the comparison. So, for example if you add a resin cockpit, compare the OOB cockpits of the two models.

• 2 months later...