So theres a local shop that has this kit of the Modelcollect B-52G

Having read some of the thread about the B-52H kit I was wondering if some of the problems that hit the H model also hit the G version.

What are the problems with it?

Have you made one, how did you fix any issues you had?

0002376_usaf-b-52g-stratofortress-strate

The G kit was their first kit and had some issues with the nose, as well as an inaccurate tail turret.  I don’t know if these were fixed in later boxings, but Modelcollect has a correction set that you can order from their web site, which also includes the wing root strakelets that should have been included for an ALCM carrier.  Also, the kit didn’t come with possible wing flaps, but these may come with the correction set (my correction set didn’t have the flaps, but others says they got them).

The H kit came after the G and should have the new nose and comes with extended flaps.  The G correction tail turret and strakelets are N/A for the H.  Other than that, they pretty much have the same issues, like undersized underwing tanks, missing antennas, incorrect ACES seats, and so on.

Hello

I am about to start my build and I did not know those troubles. I have to check soon as I bought mine as a second hand kit at a modeling show earlier this year.

Patrick

On 8/25/2019 at 11:42 PM, Paul Boyer said:

OVERSIZED underwing tanks!

Hannants now offers a re-issue of Airwaves AES72037 B-52G/H Wingtip Tanks. Restocked on 28 Jul 2019.

Oh snap!  I just received my tanks in the post yesterday!  They look really nice and are not bulbuous like the MC tanks, and the LE & TE of the pylon is accurate. Highly recommended!

Edited by Dutch
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/28/2019 at 9:49 PM, ElectroSoldier said:

So its not accurate OOB, Ill need to order the "B-52G nose, tails replacement part"...

Hi,

please tell, did you order/get replacement set?

I ordered mine 23Aug, got shipping notice with tracking number on 06Sept and still no signs of tracking.

Also there are no answers from MC about shipping date.

I would like to know is it only my problem or problem with correction set (not in stock..) 

44 minutes ago, Gator52 said:

It was probably close to a month between when I received a shipping notice and actual delivery. 

Jonah

Thank you for reply.

Please tell, how much time has passed from the notification to the beginning of  postal tracking (real shipping, I supposed)?

Vladimir

17 hours ago, Dutch said:

Nigel, in the UK is making some masters for a new nose with better shaped EVS and ECM blisters as well ad new wing tanks. You can see the progress in the Modelcollect B-52H thread. Cherrs! Dutch

15 hours ago, USAFsparkchaser said:

And if he does an antennae set they could be used on the G also.

Thank you for advice, but what will be the price?

And still remains tail and strakelets.

Vladimir

• 2 weeks later...

Yes two sets of inner and outer flaps with flap tracks were included in my set, but due to poor packaging and the Samsonite gorilla postal treatment, almost all were snapped.  I was going to reinforce them anyway with metal rod.