1/48 Gripen by Italeri & Kitty Hawk same mold?

Italeri kit could certainly make use of resin sets to spruce it up. 

KH kit ... all of mine had the most warped up aft fuselage parts I’ve ever come across.  If you go that way check the parts before you buy. All of mine got trashed after trying to get replacements for a year without any luck. 

• Eli Raphael changed the title to 1/48 Gripen by Italeri & Kitty Hawk same mold?
3 hours ago, Eli Raphael said:

Already did

Doesn’t show?

Yep, its there. Sorry. Saw habu2's post and assumed that it hadn't been changed. I should have looked. My bad.

No, the Italeri kit is of a JAS 39B while the Kitty Hawk kit is of a JAS 39D, Both kits are utterly unbuildable if held to the same standard as some of the kits discussed in here. Suffice to say that both kits hade some fit and shape issues. The italeri kit suffers from rather poor detailing while the KH kit is fairly detailed but suffers from some errors and omissions. Also, the weapons load included on the KH kit is somewhat bonkers. You get one BK90 bomblet dispenser (which would be carried one on each wing if they had ever been used on JAS 39C/D) and one Rb 15F, which also would be carried symmetrically one on each wing. Also you get no drop tank, which is pretty much always carried on the centerline or one on each wing.
The best Gripen kits out there are the fairly new Revell kits in 1/72.

Included inspirational photo from this weekend of JAS 39C, E and D sharing the same piece of apron at F17 wing at Kallinge, Sweden.

the gangs all here2.jpg