F-16N TOPGUN green grey splinter paint match

1 hour ago, tomthegrom said:

HI everyone,

Looking for paint matches for the TOPGUN green grey splinter F16N. Any idea of the best match for Dark Green FS35109 and Camo Gray FS36622?

Thanks in advance.

Tom

Vallejo, MRP (Mr. Paint), Model Master (Testors) all make an FS35109, which is a Blue not green. Sure you have the correct FS number. Just about every model paint maker makes an FS36622 Camouflage grey.

Thanks for the reply!

I am using fightertown decals Holy Sh*t its vipers part 2. It does list the green as FS35109. As you said that is incorrect. Aeromasks has it as FS34097. Does anyone know if that is indeed the correct green and who makes the best paint match? Brian P?  I prefer gunze and mr colour paints.

Is this the aircraft...

244385639_69205063_10162202069080611_3515796293622431744_o(4).jpg.cc81e319934222a82b345603eb33aa4c.jpg

If so, the yes, I think 34097 looks much closer. Saw a pic of what must be the instructions you got originally that show 35109. Weird that a Fightertown set would be incorrect. Brian is usually meticulous in his research. Maybe a typo?

Wow - can't believe we did that. And many, many years ago and it was never caught. Actual plane was Dark Green FS34079. Personally I don't like that color in scale. I don't think it has enough green and is too dark. But that is what the actual jet was painted...

Field Green 34097 would be a good option for the repaint that went to the museum, but it's too light for the actual jet.

-brian

5 minutes ago, Brian P: Fightertown Decals said:

Wow - can't believe we did that. And many, many years ago and it was never caught. Actual plane was Dark Green FS34079. Personally I don't like that color in scale. I don't think it has enough green and is too dark. But that is what the actual jet was painted...

Field Green 34097 would be a good option for the repaint that went to the museum, but it's too light for the actual jet.

-brian

HI Brian,

I always weather things with a couple of drops of white in the main colours. What green do you think would match the decals the best? I just don't want the decals to look out of place.

I am using the aeromasks that are for the museum jet but its close enough for me because there is no way I am hand cutting masks!

Thanks for the replies.

Tom

I knew Brian would come through for you. 34079 does sound like a better choice (I actually had that in my head but mixed it up with 34097). Note that 36622 is a VERY light grey, as you can tell from the photos. Some paints have it darker. You may have to lighten it a bit.