Landing Zone "Echo"

Just want to show you the project I´m currently finishing. It´s a diorama in 1/700 scale, showing an amphibious landing, centered around the arrival of a LCAC, Landing Craft Air Cussion.

qpyMFxK.jpg

From all four directions:

5or4toa.jpg

lsxrEWZ.jpg

BlAQeN3.jpg

lKW2h3X.jpg

Other significant "players" are two Super Cobras, a CH-46E, a RHIB and a Riverine Command Craft, which was scratch-built.

Some details:

tZpqxFm.jpg

Marines!

rA2SJKH.jpg

o66Hpqm.jpg

The diorama is a gift from me to a friend and collegue who is a "76er", which is the german "MOS" for Naval Protection Force Soldiers. Among their duties they secure installations, but also do boardings and support landing operations. Since he spent some years as exchange officer in the United States and mentionend "LCACs are cool!", I have chosen this subject for the build.

vw1d6Jt.jpg

iSE1w0g.jpg

HAJO

This diorama has a lot going on- The landed soldiers on the beach; the exploded gun turret of the tank; the fast speed boat; the incoming overhead gunships with the "motion" rotors; the hovercraft jet spray just all add to the intensity and drama. Excellent arrangement. The waves look brilliant too. Thanks for sharing this effective piece. 

Thank you very much!

I was using an Ikea picture frame and have added some basic "artwork" to it:

4JTxQWG.jpg

At the front is the title of the Diorama and the scale:

Qv6slru.jpg

Of course the USMC Hymn comes to one of the sides:

f4N1TCr.jpg

A description of the units and their task is shown on the other side.

kKjJ29e.jpg

And I put various creeds of different Marine Infantry units worldwide on the frame, seen different ones here from Germany, USA, Great Britain, Russia, France, etc...

I was able to present this gift as a surprise to my buddy on monday, and he was extremely happy and surprised! Giving him the diorama was a real pleasure for me and worth the build and effort. As they say: Shared fun is doubled fun!

HAJO

• 3 years later...
  • 3 months later...