SH-60's being evacuated to Maxwell AFB.

Just passed by Maxwell AFB here in Alabama. No less than 30 Seahawks we're parked in the field next to the runway.  Not sure where they are based at, but I hope their home doesn't take a direct hit. To all in Florida, please stay safe and evacuate if it becomes necessary. Hurricane Dorian is now a category 5.

They  are probably out of NAS Mayport Fl.

SOP to evacuate all flyable aircraft when a hurricane approaches. When I was at Oceana and it looked like we going to get hit by a storm, we sent everything inland and then batten down the hatches and road the storm out.

My sister arrived safely in Amsterdam from her 2-week trip Palm coast Florida this morning.

Dorian is devastating.

My sister saw people barricading doors, buying goods from the stores, the airport was about to close sunday 24:00.

A bit offtopic. i know.

Edited by cag_200

I live in St Pete-Clearwater area. This week will be 90s and sunny with maybe a 10-15 mph

wind when Dorian heads up Florida east coast. I survived Irma, went right past my son's  concrete

place I evacuated to, nuff said. jon