F-15C and Have Glass

One of the three heritage birds from Lakenheath was a C, but was painted in the same dark gray (36118) as the two Es, I assume for consistency's sake. I don't remember ever seeing a "Light Gray" Eagle in anything other than the standard grays (besides the ASB, aggressors, and some of the early experimental stuff, of course) otherwise, but wouldn't mind being proven wrong - the F-15 looks good no matter what color it is!

24 minutes ago, Trojan Thunder said:

Here is a picture of the Lakenheath Heritage jet 84-0010 on Airliners.net.

Is this the one you are thinking of?

Hmmm..  is this Have Glass?    Hard to tell from the one pic.   I can’t see why they would paint a C model in Gunship Grey, serves no purpose whatsoever.   

6 minutes ago, foxmulder_ms said:

P.S. I actually LOVE to have decals for these two Es and one C. I really liked the special pattern on them. Someone hopefully will produce them in 1/48. I think great wall has a 1/72 boxing already. 

Furball has an upcoming sheet, I think.

As mentioned, there is no HG paint on F-15s, of any flavor.  The Heritage bird in question above was painted overall gunship gray, so as to be carrying the same basic scheme as it’s two sister birds from the Strike squadrons at Lakenheath.  They do look pretty good altogether, and it was certainly interesting seeing gunship gray on a C-model.  

D-Day 75th Print

On 9/8/2019 at 6:24 PM, Waco said:

As mentioned, there is no HG paint on F-15s, of any flavor.  The Heritage bird in question above was painted overall gunship gray, so as to be carrying the same basic scheme as it’s two sister birds from the Strike squadrons at Lakenheath.  They do look pretty good altogether, and it was certainly interesting seeing gunship gray on a C-model.  

D-Day 75th Print

Waco, like I mentioned earlier, the picture I have is before the special color was applied.

Anyway, thanks for the reply.

• 1 month later...

Now that's one interesting F-15. Apparently a test bed for the F-22 colors.

Video of the D-day F-15s. Somebody please 1/48 decals. Emergency 😄 

I know the video was posted over a month ago, but WOW!!!!!  What a fantastic video of F-15s!!  Does anyone know if there are similar videos of the same level of quality, posted anywhere?  Fantastic imagery!!