Windows dilemma

G'day. I've been out of modelling for a long time but saw an Airbus A350 1/144 the other day and thought....why not!

The kit comes with clear plastic windows in a strip but I was thinking ahead on how I'll mask those for painting. I then thought about leaving out the plastic window strips and using something like Krystal Klear to create the windows after painting.

I also saw today a technique where all the windows were filled with grey putty and sanded smooth. This gave the windows a nice dark look after the decals were applied.

I'm in a dilemma and don't know the best way to go. Would really love some direction on what the best technique is these days.

Thanks!

Some of my airliner kits have been missing the fuselage windows and I've had to improvise. In 1/144 I've used both white PVA glue (Elmer's) and clear acrylic gloss medium to fill the holes. I do this prior to assembly and paint the area around the windows in the fuselage color and then when it dries, add the Elmer's glue or gloss medium on the inside of the fuselage halves. If I want to get fancy, I paint black or insignia blue or a color matching the windshield decal over the inside of the fuselage once it's dry before I button it all up.

I've read there's a specific modeling product for this too, but I've never used it. Either way, no framing to worry about.

I hope this helped and good luck!

Bri2k