Paint symbols in Revell model instructions

G'day all.

Just starting up again in modelling after a lot of years and I'm a little confused about the different symbols in the Revell instructions.

The file attached shows 2 different symbols on my instructions. 2 of them look "flat" and 2 of them have what I call a gradient through them. I'm maybe mistakedly assuming that the gradient means a gloss finish but I'm really not sure.

If anyone can help me please I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Symbols.JPG

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

G'day all.

Just starting up again in modelling after a lot of years and I'm a little confused about the different symbols in the Revell instructions.

The file attached shows 2 different symbols on my instructions. 2 of them look "flat" and 2 of them have what I call a gradient through them. I'm maybe mistakedly assuming that the gradient means a gloss finish but I'm really not sure.

If anyone can help me please I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Symbols.JPG

If these symbols appear on the painting instructions pages at the end of the instructions, the "gradients" as you call them will correspond to those areas on the model that should be painted that color. For example, if the underside of the model has the gradient listed for D, then it would be painted the color that is called out for the letter D, and the topside would be painted E. The paint colors for each letter in the flag are listed at the beginning of the instructions. If it was a three color camouflage pattern on the topside of the model,  then you'd have additional paint callouts with different "gradients" associated with each color, so that you'd know what to paint each section of the camouflage in. 

See Pages 12 - 13 in these instructions:

http://www.plasticandplasters.com/Instructions/manuals/revell-instructions-04394.pdf

Hope this helps!

QT

Edited by marvin20