eduard 1:48 spitfire MkXIc early

Hi everyone, I'm here for you after a long time to model in a physical and not a virtual way.
This kit is this

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_it

And the camo will be this, that even if not British, intrigues me the fact of playing with the contrast of the desert camo very faded with the new color of the American insignia and the cancellation of the original ones

It will be an OOb since in the package you will find everything you need to pull out a detailed model and then I don't want to go crazy in super detail that  disappears when the fuselage  will closes.

The level of detail in the kit is very high.
But let's get to the cockpit.
As said the plastic details are very satisfying and the small
PE plate enriches  the pit very well I've used the PE dashboard 'causethe decal was used in an other prj.
below are some photos of the fundamental steps: I started with a very contrasted preshading with a dark gray for the shadows and a light gray + white for the zones in the view of the little light that penetrates a closed fuselage.
The seat has received a red brown vallejo for the structure and oil colors for the cushion (mars black; naples pink yellow and white for reflections).
The pit construction did not present any problems, the pieces fit perfectly, the only poetic license the area behind the seat is painted in aluminum thanks to a photo of a restored spit and perhaps not entirely faithful to the original as the area should be too in green, but all in all I don't feel sorry for which I kept it like this (you will see very little).
Ok stop talk and let's go whit the pictures

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itmain.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_it

Closing fuselage and wings.
I noticed a real remarkable work by Eduard in the design of the cuts of the pieces and the precision of the joints; practically there is almost no need for putty except for a couple of points in the wing fitting where I scratched too much to remove the sprue and a couple of my mistakes, everything went in place without problems.
Here are the self-explanatory photos.

Edited by spartacus
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone.
Let's go, since at the end of a model I can't wait to finish it and inevitably parts like main carriages, propellers and so on are neglected a bit because my mind is already tuned towards a new project, I decided to finish before these then move on to the entire plane's painting job, so quickly put the photos of the main carriage and propeller already finished, to main carriage I have only added a 0.3mm lead wire to simulate the brake line, the legs are in aluminum ModelMaster with the piston in polished aluminum sheet to simulate the chrome, the whole washed with cassel earth thinned in White spirit, will then be treated with earth pigments once mounted.
The propeller has nothing special, color, gloss, decal, opaque transparent and some chipping in aluminum ModelMaster, here are the self-explanatory photos

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Ok that I love: preshading and color.
For the lower part I used a bleached blue with a little gray for the first pass, I added black for the main panels and inspection doors and then finished with the very light base color for the highlights.
I bought the AK interactive Real Color set dedicated to Raf in the desert, it is the first time I use them and I found myself really well, I diluted them more than 50% recommended to have greater control of the coverage in order to give more transparent passes and decide on the amount of visible preshading. Unfortunately the photos flatten the final effect very much, I hope to take better pictures once the protection of the lower surfaces has been removed, for now settle for these.
The sequence is: blue, blue + black, blue + white diluted at 90%, Azzure blue AK diluted at 60-70%
For the upper surfaces I used preshading for a chocolate brown for the base, adding black for the main pannelling, an Xf78 wooden tan deck for the lights and the latter lightened with white for extreme lights all diluted at 90% in isopropyl alcool.Let say the pictures.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

For now it's all .I'm going to go crazy to mask  for the Dark heart, strictly with the tape because I want sharp edges.
As always C.C.C. welcome

Edited by spartacus

Hi everyone, here's a little step forward
Finished camouflage. I must say that I am very satisfied with the real color AK, very fine finish, they spread very well and the resistance to masking is very good. I also used the tape for the coachbuilder and the paint has suffered in very few points considering that I've not  primerized the kit.
Here are the photos that I know are what you are interested in, they are self-explanatory so no extra comments

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

The mistake of propeller was fixed now can be chipped in brass

spacer.png

I have decided to paint the English marks to have a uniformity of weathering , the obliterations of the old codes , the stars and new codes will have a newer appearance

spacer.png

OFF TOPIC

Yesterday my wife gave me this .... I ENJOY !!!!!!

spacer.png

I've already licked it a bit

spacer.png

spacer.png

I noticed a bizarre thing about the squadron leader of the 85th squadron

spacer.png     +H

Become

spacer.png

So as a big fan of the Who I can only reproduce this plane.
Seriously I can't wait to get my hands on it even though I know there will be a lot of work to do.

Hello to all .
Small step washes and beginning of wheaterhing.
For the first one I used a brown of cassel diluted in whit spirit, I only used this color without the black because being little covering so I could decide the quantity of color for each panel. It is true that it is almost all uniform, but it is me served for the lower surfaces where I wanted to be a bit more light, I also decided to profile only the main panels, the rivets I wanted them only visible but not accentuated given the degree of wear of the paint would have been out of place.
weathering is carried out with flat clear stained with a drop of white  then I've used ocher, light ocher and dark ocher pastels. all given with a brush and then solvated, this is still an initial phase of the work without having fixed anything yet so I can wash it all away and estart the process if no satisfying.
here are the pictures

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Ok for now it's all bye

spacer.png

Yes the goal is approaching, the Spit is almost finished, some things remain to do but the big job has been done.
I wanted to give the model a really worn and somewhat unkempt look due to hyperactivity and the desert climate that certainly does not help the good maintenance of the vehicle.
Obviously there is no opaque coat as I have to adjust the pigments a bit, and some accessories such as the various lights, the antenna, the door and then finally glue the canopy and propeller.
Pictures

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Last considerations, the kit mounts really well, the decals on the other hand drove me crazy while being Cartograf I struggled in detaching from the support, even 5 minutes waiting to soak, and then the difficulty to make them slide on the model, I used both the microsol and Mr. soft but as you can see they don't  adhering to the panels, silvering problems even after a generous coat of gloss on the zone and on the wings I noticed a rippling principle that I hope will disappear with the matt coat.
As usual C.C.C.s always welcome

That does look good, well weathered & painted, however I am not sure it should have the yellow leading edge markings. This was not very common in the desert theatre. Usually found in the UK & Northern Europe. Unless you are working from a ref that says otherwise? That said it isn't that noticeable and doesn't detract from the model.

--------------------------