This is the Doyusha 1/144 B-1B (Academy). Basically out of the box. Painted with Hataka and Gunze. First of all I messed this one up heavily . Not sure exactly how but the paint mist entered the cabin (most likely through the nose gear bay holes) and there is some kind of dust on the canopy inner surface. I almost flight tested her from the 5th floor once I pulled the masks off.  I tried to clean it by drilling a small hole in the gear bay but it was too small for any cotton swab. Finally I over tinted the canopy to fade the dust a little but it didn’t help much. So at the end of the day I gave up on farther weathering and just finished her as is. I was so frustrated that I even skipped the nav lights. Nevertheless this is not an easy kit by any means. Forward fuselage fit is very bad and I had to use a lot of epoxy putty. Engine cowls are a nightmare. Thanks for watching.

Dan

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Beautiful build, really!  Hard to see what your issue is which the windshield, but I wouldn't worry about it (easy for me to say, I know...I know how agonizing it is to run into something like that).  I just cracked the windshield on my FW190 A-4 right down the middle, and it is going to be obvious as heck, can't cover THAT up.   I wanted to cry...but I'll get over it.  I learned something from the experience...maybe you can, too.  But it's just a gorgeously finished model...you should be proud!!

• 1 month later...

Very nice B-1! So you're warmed up with the 1/144 scale...now...tackle the 48th scale one! When I was at Thumrait AB for the start of Enduring Freedom the Ellsworth B-1's moved there from Diego Garcia. I had a pilot carry my American Flag on his jet during the Tora Bora raid...6 ship takeoff in burner was awesome to watch.

Cheers...Ron

6 hours ago, aircommando130 said:

Very nice B-1! So you're warmed up with the 1/144 scale...now...tackle the 48th scale one!

That's not going to happen. After I bought and dry-fitted Revell's 1/32 echo Hornet I'm gonna stay away from this company for a while.

Edited by DanW
spelling