Hasegawa AH-64D JGSDF boxing

Hey all,

So about a year and a half ago I picked up the Hasegawa JGSDF boxing for the AH-64D.  I knew it had extra parts for the Japanese variant, but I just opened it up and the only thing extra was the Stinger launchers.  No MPNVS turret like the box shows.  I’m feeling cheated. 

Jon

Which boxing did you get? Hasegawa have released at least three AH-64D JGSDF kits: 09452 (this definitely is identical to the first US Army AH-64D plastic with only new decals), 09747 (which I believe only comes with different decals) and 07242.

Jon

Yeah, it’s 09747. The entire reason I bought the kit was for the modernized PNVS turret, which they show on the box.  I’ve already scratchbuilt one for the Longbow I’m just getting back to building and didn’t want to have to do that again. 

Im gonna have to find the AH-64E boxing to be able to build any of the D models my Battalion took to Afghanistan in 2013. 

Oh well...

46E23734-D236-4E8C-A1F1-3B08B681B103.jpeg

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 9:57 AM, Cobrahistorian said:

Hey all,

So about a year and a half ago I picked up the Hasegawa JGSDF boxing for the AH-64D.  I knew it had extra parts for the Japanese variant, but I just opened it up and the only thing extra was the Stinger launchers.  No MPNVS turret like the box shows.  I’m feeling cheated. 

Jon

I believe the JGSDF Ds were earlier block birds which did not come with the Arrowhead PNVS. Its probably their super long stretched out acquisition period that mislead you into thinking they were late block birds. Singapore AF birds were the first to get the Arrowhead I think.

1 hour ago, torchf4 said:

I believe the JGSDF Ds were earlier block birds which did not come with the Arrowhead PNVS. Its probably their super long stretched out acquisition period that mislead you into thinking they were late block birds. Singapore AF birds were the first to get the Arrowhead I think.

Sure, but when you’ve got a photo of a Japanese Arrowhead-equipped D model on the box top, one would think that the kit includes it, that’s all I’m saying.  

J

9 hours ago, Cobrahistorian said:

Sure, but when you’ve got a photo of a Japanese Arrowhead-equipped D model on the box top, one would think that the kit includes it, that’s all I’m saying.  

J

Oh I wasn’t  paying attention to the boxart! I know the Singapore AF boxing had it included so that’s an alternative if it’s still floating around or the E like you mentioned. Can always sell the Jap kit on eBay or build it as an early D! 

But I agree it sucks especially since it’s shown on the boxart. And you would expect that being a home team subject Has would do a better job like most of their Jap releases 

1 minute ago, Cobrahistorian said:

I’m building one Longbow now as 06A which was the first Block 2 radar bird I flew and the Fort Rucker “show bird”; and one Alpha as the gray bird that sh*t an engine on me.  

Nice! Looking forward to seeing them! If the box is right then the JGSDF has at least 2-3 different blocks within a single sqn! Not to mention probably having the world record for taking the longest time to equip just the one sqn.