Chinook gets her nose art restored

32 minutes ago, 11bee said:

LOL....  Glad you Canucks can get away with that stuff.   I'm guessing here in the US that before the paint even dried, someone would have the poor Crew Chief up on sexual harassment charges. 

I am as surprised as anyone. according to the FB page, the original artwork was still on the helo. they took it off and put on a reproduction vinyl piece so the original would not fade in the sun.
the museum wants to preserve the aircraft as close to how it looked in service in Afghanistan.

here is a link to the post

FB link

37 minutes ago, 11bee said:

LOL....  Glad you Canucks can get away with that stuff.   I'm guessing here in the US that before the paint even dried, someone would have the poor Crew Chief up on sexual harassment charges. 

Daaaamn straight....

Good to see it though.... but adhesive vinyl directly applied over the art.... WHYYYYYY!?!?!?!

1 hour ago, 11bee said:

Just the same, it makes me very uncomfortable.  I need to think long and hard on whether I’m also offended.  Perhaps the mods can censor that picture?   Or cover with a rainbow 🌈?  

I dunno why but this is what immediately entered my mind after reading your comment:

show-me-on-5bf765.jpg

4 hours ago, phantom said:

It WAS one of your old Chinooks. In fact I think its almost as old as me and first served in Viet Nam before it was upgraded. I have a photo of the very faded nose art somewhere from last year.

Wait, are you saying the helo was a 'nam veteran with the "Miss Behavin'" nose art, BEFORE it belonged to Canada?  I would like to know more, but, I am too lazy to look into it.  Also, I spent all day in the heat of Alabama today, and am about to do the same tomorrow.....so, I appreciate any info.  That being said, I'll be flying an OH-58 tomorrow that is older than me, and that my father may have flown.  Good times.  I like flying it more than the TH-67.

13 minutes ago, BrittMac said:

Wait, are you saying the helo was a 'nam veteran with the "Miss Behavin'" nose art, BEFORE it belonged to Canada?  I would like to know more, but, I am too lazy to look into it.  Also, I spent all day in the heat of Alabama today, and am about to do the same tomorrow.....so, I appreciate any info.  That being said, I'll be flying an OH-58 tomorrow that is older than me, and that my father may have flown.  Good times.  I like flying it more than the TH-67.

89-0130 was a conversion to CH-47D from CH-47C. Image from 1 August 2018

Boeing

CH-147

CH-147D

Chinook

first date: 28 December 2008 - Accepted at Kandahar

Originally built as CH-47C, US Army serial number 68-16017, company number B.609.  Converted to CH-47D, new serial number 89-00130, conversion number M.3284.  Over 39 years old when supplied to Canadian Forces.  Purchased second hand from US Army for use by Canadian Forces Joint Task Force Afghanistan Air Wing at Kandahar, Afghanistan.  In storage at Davis-Monthan AFB in US, arrived on 22 September 2011.

1024px-CH-47D_Chinook_NAFMC_1.jpg

14 hours ago, 11bee said:

Yup... Someone painted clothes on Diamond Lil down at the Air Force Academy...

Vern