Another question. I was going through the KH instruction and found the third seat between the gunners' seats. I spent a day searching the internet and it doesn't look correct. Based on what I found there should be no seat at all. And for sure not facing fwd but eventually aft. Correct?

2019-09-15_05-52-54

4 hours ago, HeavyArty said:

A rear-facing third seat is sometimes installed on Army UH-60s as a Squad Leader seat (like below).  I have never seen one on an HH-60G though. 

UH-60A_38.jpg

It's possible to rotate the H-bar to the opposite position, so you can have this center seat facing to the front. I used to call it "child punishment spot" and we used for some trainning stuff at my unit. It was just like a child punishment spot for instructor pilots as it was hard to evacuate in emergency and visibility is pretty bad. I doubt someone use it at real stuff. It's more commom to have it facing backward for troop commander. You also have a telephone-like PTT from a roof panel, so he can talk to the pilots using his combat gear.

There is this picture on Prime Portal showing the center seat forward.  However note that there is no right side seat.  I can’t imagine all three seats would be fitted in the way that the HK instructions show them with the center seat forward as there would be almost no way to get in/out of it since it’s boxed in from all sides.  Seems likely that if the center seat is fitted facing forward, at least one of the side seats would be missing.

hh-60g_03_of_51.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Crazy masking procedure in-progress 😀. Still need to fill the hitch pockets (not sure what is the appropriate name for these - help please!) with masking fluid and mask the walls.

I plan to paint the anti-skid stripes using the sponge instead of an airbrush hoping to achieve rough surface. Also on some pictures they look heavily worn or even overesprayed with an interior color.

original.jpg

Looks great.  The FRIES rig fits in perfectly.  One note. Kitty Hawk omitted the three small triangular supports on the starboard side of the ceiling.  In your pic, there are three tringular roof spars on the oustide part of the left side.  These should also be present on the right side.

KH_H-60_Ceiling.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, AndrewPerren said:

Likety like like. Looks great. Have you considered a mid grey dry brush over the black areas up front? It would really help them pop.

All the cockpit consoles, sticks and seats are dry brushed. Dashboard top cover edges are highlighted with watercolor grey pencil. I do not plan to expose the avionics boxes in the nose so I did not brush them. 

Lovely work! See you added the chipping around the stanchion wells, you should also put some steel color on the stubs in the well, they are what the seat stanchions and other things attach to and the paint wears off immediately!

As to the 3rd seat, it could be for an observer, and to get out you'd get up and go with either CC or gunner. No biggie.