A big hello to Netherlands!!!   : )

Based on the loose plan the next batch of Fishbed kits should include the R version. I am sure Eduard will do this, it served in numbers with the Czechoslovak AF so it is an obvious candidate in 72nd scale. As for the rest I have said already it is so far in the uncertain future that there is no point in speculating about it or starting a wish list.

Just one thought:

At Moson  2 years ago on release of the MF kits a group of Czech modellers including some ex MiG-21 service men, Mr. Sulc and me had a long discussion on what the future holds. Of course the question of the twoseater version was raised and Mr. Sulc only asked: “OK but which version?” He is actually right, there are three different versions and they differ from each other which would call for three different kit, research / development, cost of making the tools . . .  Does one get returns from such an investment to validate it? Maybe just one version, but OK which one?

I have already tried it and it is possible to do a lot of cross kitting with the ones already in existence, plus the PF to come soon. Due to the common design there is absolutely no problem in building for example the exclusive Russian operated MiG-21S version using the wing in the PFM and fuselage from MF, using the would be PF fuselage plus the PFM wing and PFM fin/fuel tank you will have the SPS version of the PF . . .  Possibilities are endless. : )   : )   : )

Best regards

Gabor

And hello to Hungary! 🙂

Personally I would vote for the MiG-21UM because I have witnessed and photographed many UMs in action the past 25 years.

And the list of MiG-21UM users is nearly endless....

Keeping my fingers crossed, also for the 1/72 MiG-21R!

Hi Pollie,

I am almost 100% sure of the MiG-21R.

Well the "Sparka" as the Russians called the twoseater is a question of taste. Yes, the UM (Type 69) was the last of the line and known to most today, but the early MiG-21U (Type 66) was also a very interesting and spectacular bird! Also lots of schemes and many users. 

We will see, but dont hold your breath!     : )  If Edu makes it, it will be far in future.

Best regards

Gabor

• 1 month later...

A "little" news from today. : )  : )

On a Czech forum the following answer came from the CEO of Eduard, Mr. Sulc

"We are working on MiG-21F and UM "

Later he commented that it will be 1/48th scale. No when for the moment, just the fact that it is in the pipe line.

Best regards

Gabor

I just hope they will eventually get around to SMT in 72 too. The sole reason I sold of mine in 48 was on the hope of a 72 one... But F/F-13 would be very nice too, would like to build one again in Perkele AF markings.

8 hours ago, Berkut said:

I just hope they will eventually get around to SMT in 72 too. The sole reason I sold of mine in 48 was on the hope of a 72 one... But F/F-13 would be very nice too, would like to build one again in Perkele AF markings.

Actually think same about SMT today when i was going from work, and i talk to myself SMT... damn i am sick 🙂

We need bis too 🙂 (someone said in 2021?)