1/48 Kitty Hawk Mi8/17 "Hip"

The Annetra kit is definitely not vaporware : they showed many, many photos of the molds, test shots, even assembled models. My understanding is that its release was imminent. 

It might even be that the Kitty Hawk kit is the Annetra kit - Annetra may have failed to secure the financing for the final production for some reason, and passed on the molds to another company. We should just wait and see.

7 minutes ago, KursadA said:

It might even be that the Kitty Hawk kit is the Annetra kit - Annetra may have failed to secure the financing for the final production for some reason, and passed on the molds to another company. We should just wait and see.

That was my first thought. 

22 hours ago, vimana said:

Cybermodeler.com says Kitty Hawk will be releasing a 1/48 Mi-8/17 "Hip" heli next year. Hope it doesn't turn out to be vaporware like the Annanetra kit.

I understood that the Annetra Hip was ready for production, that all it was waiting for was the AMK Tomcat to be completed, i order to have access to the IM machines. Granted that was MANY moons ago, but I also understood that the principle behind the Annetra Hip was very much in support of the project, from beginning to end. If any of that is true, then I doubt that he would let his "baby" go so easily. Hopefully, AMK will have some time to mold plastic in a month or two and it will be out by Christmas (or sooner)! I suspect the KH announcements are completely new kits. After all, if Annetra release a Hip, it won't make any money for KittyHawk and vice versa. I am guessing that only time will tell.

18 hours ago, vimana said:

We'll see. I just want my Mi-8, whatever the brand! This heli has probably been flown by more air forces than any other type and a 1/48 kit is overdue.

Agreed! In fact, I would add that all four of those types are totally underserved in 1/48 scale. 3 of the 4 barely have any mainstream kits and the mainstream kits that DO exist are barely representative of the types at all. The Monogram Hind is better left out of this conversation, it just simply needs to be replaced with a modern example. Either way, can't wait for ALL of these to make it to market!