Question about 32th TFS F-15's during Desert Storm

Gents: does anyone here knows if the F-15's flown by the 32 Tactical Fighter Squadron   (Soesterberg) during Desert Storm have their arrestor hook covers already removed?  Lots of photos about this squadron  in the web but NONE that show this detail (at least none for the DS/immediate post-DS period).

Thanks!

19 hours ago, nachjager said:

Gents: does anyone here knows if the F-15's flown by the 32 Tactical Fighter Squadron   (Soesterberg) during Desert Storm have their arrestor hook covers already removed?  Lots of photos about this squadron  in the web but NONE that show this detail (at least none for the DS/immediate post-DS period).

Thanks!

While I can't give you a 100% definitive answer, I can say that none of the F-15As or Cs I've seen during or immediately after Desert Storm had the fairing removed.  This change was originally unique to the F-15E (which was brand new at the time) and was only adopted on the fighter variants well after ODS.

1 hour ago, Quixote74 said:

While I can't give you a 100% definitive answer, I can say that none of the F-15As or Cs I've seen during or immediately after Desert Storm had the fairing removed.  This change was originally unique to the F-15E (which was brand new at the time) and was only adopted on the fighter variants well after ODS.

Thanks for your reply. The more I look at photos of DS Eagles the more I am convinced that most if not all of the F-15A/C's of that era still have the fairing installed. The problem is that have already cut the fairing from my Hasegawa F-15 and glued the Wolfpack replacement parts in, and now I cannot find the chopped pieces. 😪

On 9/18/2019 at 12:06 PM, nachjager said:

Thanks for your reply. The more I look at photos of DS Eagles the more I am convinced that most if not all of the F-15A/C's of that era still have the fairing installed. The problem is that have already cut the fairing from my Hasegawa F-15 and glued the Wolfpack replacement parts in, and now I cannot find the chopped pieces. 😪

If you can't find the cut piece or fabricate a reasonable replacement, why not find decals for a post-1993 unit? Should be plenty of options out there.  Most fighter units had started the transition to the "Mod Eagle" scheme by that point so you can have a neat contrast with the Soesterberg bird in Ghost Grays if you build that one later.

On 9/21/2019 at 3:55 PM, Quixote74 said:

If you can't find the cut piece or fabricate a reasonable replacement, why not find decals for a post-1993 unit? Should be plenty of options out there.  Most fighter units had started the transition to the "Mod Eagle" scheme by that point so you can have a neat contrast with the Soesterberg bird in Ghost Grays if you build that one later.

I considered that but I really want to build an early USAFE bird. And, I sacrificed one of my crappy Academy F-15's I have in my stach and have now a brand new tail hook n' cover already attached to the Hase Eagle.