Best 1/144 B-1B kit?

Thanks for the links Dutch, really looks nice.  I'll backdate mine a bit, from the parts breakdown it looks like it will take some straightforward filling for the targeting pod pylon and the towed decoy housings, no grinding or cutting required.

Jonah

• 1 month later...

This is freaking awsome. Hopefully they will start with the H latest version and then do a SAC version that covers the 80’s. And then all the subsequent ones after that G, D. This is outstanding news. I actually called for this in another thread, asking Academy to do a 52 same quality as their B-1.

10 hours ago, not2p said:

It looks like Academy is releasing a new 1/144 B-52 next year after B-1B. Probably we will see a new tooled 1/144 B-2 in 2021? 

ACAD_2020.jpg

It looks like Kursad at Caracal did it again!  He releases a 1/72 B-52G/H sheet, announces another with 1/144 sheets to follow shortly and Academy does a new mold B-52H in 1/144 scale!  I love it!  Yes, I do hope that G, F, D kits follow along, but I am not holding my breath.  Maybe an AM outfit will do quality castings from this new H for the others.  We will see.  (Okay, I'll take off my prophet's mantle now.)  But, this is VERY GOOD news. R/ Dutch

P.S. [Anyone notice the very suspect SBD-1 in the upper left hand corner?]

Edited by Dutch
17 hours ago, not2p said:

It looks like Academy is releasing a new 1/144 B-52 next year after B-1B. Probably we will see a new tooled 1/144 B-2 in 2021? 

Hopefully the B-52 will be entirely new and not just a parts-added repop. I’m almost to the paint stage on my B-1B and it’s been fantastic; a B-52 and B-2 would be great to go with it. 

• 1 month later...