ARC Discussion Forums

Sign in to follow this  
HomeBe

1/48 - Lockheed F-104G Starfighter by Avantgarde Model Kits (AMK) - box art

Avantgarde Model Kits (AMK) is reported by MMCT Group as working on a 1/48th Lockheed F-104G Starfighter kit - ref.

A joke?  To be followed.

Sources: 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/MilitaryModelingSRG/permalink/2374473086101901/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/MilitaryModelingSRG/permalink/2374473086101901/

70335155-10156377270389147-4100320847024

71037559-222230435408268-864483186325009

Original box art as anonymously published on January 4th, 2019.

Note the two - wrong and now disappeared - characteristical F-104S additional ventral fins.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/groups/MilitaryModelingSRG/permalink/2209396522609559/

49206529-160869538211025-276806028143833

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg&key=454549e46694cda5ab5f

Edited by HomeBe

Wait what? I hope they are already really advanced in their designs, or how many year this one is going to take??  Also it does seem to me that AMK has a thing on Kinetic, I wouldn't be worried if was Raymond though😆

24 minutes ago, FlyAndFight said:

Is this going to be the best F-104G ever made?...

(runs and hides...) 😉

It might be in five, six years. Do you want to pre-order?

30 minutes ago, flanker27 said:

If the box art is from Jan, it seems like they have information on Kinetic releases?

Maybe. But AMK and Kinetic are rivals, not cooperators.

Oh no, here we go again.....another best kit in town again.....another pre-order scheme again.....

Edited by flybywire

2 minutes ago, flybywire said:

Oh no, here we go again.....another best kit in town again.....another pre-order scheme again.....

I am almost sure they will not go bombastic this time. Like play it safe.

Anyway still happy we now have even more choice when it comes to Starfighters.

Despite it's few flaws, I loved Hasegawa's rendition. Kinetic's kit looks a tad better (I will get mine, JASDF, next week) and now AMK : please please get these panel lines a bit more realistic.

33 minutes ago, Silver Seraph said:

I am almost sure they will not go bombastic this time. Like play it safe.

Anyway still happy we now have even more choice when it comes to Starfighters.

Despite it's few flaws, I loved Hasegawa's rendition. Kinetic's kit looks a tad better (I will get mine, JASDF, next week) and now AMK : please please get these panel lines a bit more realistic.

This hasn't been confirmed yet. If it's a hoax, you think people would have better things to do with their time!

I'm really hoping it's a hoax. As much as I like the Starfighter I'm not sure I'd like to sit through another F-14D thread if they didn't learn their lesson.

If it isn't a hoax I hope they do as Kinetic did and keep it under wraps until right before release.

Cheers,

John

Not a hoax - Martin made a long post on the Official AMK Fan Facebook group today confirming it and asking for expert help.

Edited by sierrascale

59 minutes ago, sierrascale said:

Not a hoax - Martin made a long post on the Official AMK Fan Facebook group today.

Word!

1 hour ago, sierrascale said:

Not a hoax - Martin made a long post on the Official AMK Fan Facebook group today.

So, Are they looking at a 4 year release date or something quicker than their last endeavor? 

I'm not a member of the "Official AMK Fan Facebook group" so a summary of Martins post would be appreciated. 

Cheers,

John

9 hours ago, CF104 said:

So, Are they looking at a 4 year release date or something quicker than their last endeavor? 

I'm not a member of the "Official AMK Fan Facebook group" so a summary of Martins post would be appreciated. 

Cheers,

John

I'll probably get in trouble, but here is his post: 

"So the AMK F-104 seems to have been announced somewhat prematurely.

Nevertheless it's coming and with some amazing experts on board working with us this should be one to wait for.

No need to guess about release dates yet but this will have the usual AMK attention to detail and 'easy to build' ethos we hope to give you.

So far we have recruited volunteers from the modelling community and from various museums and authors of the Starfighter legend. We are grateful to them for their help of course.

F-14D coming to shops near you imminently and other projects asap.

This is an early warning to let you know this is real and coming, not a rumour.

If you want to be part of this and lend us your thoughts post below and be part of a community that gets what they want.

Post your ideas for new innovations and help make the kit YOU want. Weapons, decals, details and variants. You help us decide 1f642.png🙂

We may be a little slow to deliver right now as we are still small but we are accelerating FAST!"

123 replies so far. Interesting stuff.

I suppose it shouldn't be a surprise.  It's not a coincidence that so many of AMK's releases mirror those of Kinetic.  

Personally, I kind of wish AMK had stuck with Russian subjects and kits of aircraft not yet modeled or truly in  need of new tooling (*cough* F-111 series).  But I suppose if this latest multiyear adventure is as entertaining to watch as their F-14D saga then it will make life around here interesting for 4+ years! I'll need to get more popcorn :popcorn:.

Happy modeling.

16 hours ago, MoFo said:

It's not a coincidence that so many of AMK's releases mirror those of Kinetic.  

Several years ago it wasn't because AMK was a subcontractor for Kinetic and that Kinetic's project manager was hired by AMK.

Nowadays I think it's related to the MMCT (Military Modelling Club Taiwan) that supports FMK & AMK and bashes Kinetic.

Edited by Laurent

17 hours ago, sierrascale said:

Not a hoax - Martin made a long post on the Official AMK Fan Facebook group today confirming it and asking for expert help.

Oh good God, here we go again. I'm sorry but this is just funny. They are asking for help and recruiting subject matter experts so they can bring us the best F-104 ever. Just like they did with their F-14D. I just have to laugh. Guess they didn't learn anything. Oh well. :rofl:

8 hours ago, Don said:

Personally, I kind of wish AMK had stuck with Russian subjects and kits of aircraft not yet modeled or truly in  need of new tooling (*cough* F-111 series).  But I suppose if this latest multiyear adventure is as entertaining to watch as their F-14D saga then it will make life around here interesting for 4+ years! I'll need to get more popcorn :popcorn:.

Happy modeling.

I can think of four or five subjects the we needed before another tomcat! The F111 and F100 go to the top of the list for me. Followed by the F102 and F106. Follow that with a Mig17! And really, you can add the F8 and A4 family in there as well.

Gary

"this should be one to wait for." - No sh&# Sherlock. What's ETA on this, 2059? 😂