Kinetic 1/48 Luftwaffe F-104G

11 minutes ago, Space Tiger Hobbes said:

Can I build this kit in USAF markings out of the box or does it require mods?

It's a G, so limited to German-owned trainers in US markings. And NASA had some G's; Caracal is doing a sheet of NASA F-104s.

Or you could cut the rudder down, and mod a bunch of other things to get to a C.

Edited by sierrascale
4 minutes ago, Space Tiger Hobbes said:

Can I build this kit in USAF markings out of the box or does it require mods?

If you plan on building a USAF F-104G (Luftwaffe) based out of Luke AFB then yes this kit will work. It will also work for some NASA schemes as well. 

Cheers,

John

1 minute ago, Space Tiger Hobbes said:

Thanks. I see images for a USAF 104 with the big "69" on the tail. So that was a trainer? Training for what if there were no 104 units?

That's an F-104G from the 69th Tactical Fighter Training Squadron. It was based at Luke AFB in USAF markings but was owned by West Germany. West Germany trained their F-104 pilots out of Luke AFB from 1969 to 1982. The 418th Tactical Fighter Training Squadron was also based out of Luke and was also a West German training squadron.

Cheers,

John

37 minutes ago, Space Tiger Hobbes said:

Thanks. I see images for a USAF 104 with the big "69" on the tail. So that was a trainer? Training for what if there were no 104 units?

German trainer at Luke, as already mentioned. The Luftwaffe still had F-104s at that time.

Edited by sierrascale