KH 1/35 HH-60G is out

Showing up on eBay from overseas sellers, plus a few on Amazon.  Pretty much as expected.  Most sprues carried over from the MH-60L boxing, with the only change being the “G” sprue is swapped out from one with the ESSS pylons and other MH specific bits to one with HH-60G doors, offset radar mount, and some antennas.  A lot of the HH-60G parts were already on the sprues, but not used in the MH boxing.  Note that the instructions show two options for the ESSS stub wing covers, but one of the options is missing on the actual sprue.  They obviously cut them off to supply them as replacements for the MH kit since they were originally missing in that kit.

http://www.moxing.net/2019/0921/10025.html

Yup, its been available for a couple of weeks.  Mine is en-route from China now.  I should have it in a few days.  One note, the kit will not accurately build into a modern HH-60G.  A small detail, but it is missing.  The new G sprue has the older H-bar fast rope/rappel rig that the USAF used up to about 2000.  After that, they changed to the FRIES rig that was only used by the US Army before that.  The FRIES  (Fast Rope Insertion and Extraction) rig is in the KH MH-60L kit.  

USAF H-Bar rig, pre-2000-ish, as in the HH-60G kit.

17.jpg

FRIES rig, US Army and USAF post-2000-ish, as in the MH-60L kit.

34_rear_crew_compartment_roof_4.JPG

Edited by HeavyArty

Yes, it can be scratch-built.  I did one for my Academy MH-60L DAP.  I used a piece of square stock and a couple pieces of rod.  Some details for the attachment ends and straps and bolts to hold it all together.  

Image result for fries rig site:aeroscale.co.ukMH-60LDAP003.jpg

The other option is to contact Sofia at Kitty Hawk and they will sell the G sprue separately out of the MH kit w/the FRIES rig parts.

Edited by HeavyArty
26 minutes ago, HeavyArty said:

Yes, it can be scratch-built.  I did one for my Academy MH-60L DAP.  I used a piece of square stock and a couple pieces of rod.  Some details for the attachment ends and straps and bolts to hold it all together.  

Image result for fries rig site:aeroscale.co.ukMH-60LDAP003.jpg

The other option is to contact Sofia at Kitty Hawk and they will sell the G sprue separately out of the MH kit w/the FRIES rig parts.

Ditto what Gino said!

Tim