1/32 ACADEMY F-16I SUFA

Hi guys,

I present to you my recently completed F-16I SUFA by Academy with aftermarket decals and various scratch-built details. It's my first fighter build in over 8 years and I'm glad she turned out exceeding my expectations. She was an absolute joy to build!

Here are a list of modifications I made to the kit to enhance it:
- Scratch built landing gear wheel well details such as cables, hydraulic lines and wiring.
- Surgery to increase the gap between the intake and fuselage.
- Added a bulge in the intake behind the heating strut to accommodate the larger nose gear of the SUFA.
- New interior nose gear door details scratch built over the kit part.
- Added seals for the CFTs using stretched sprue.
- Sanded and tapered the front end of the LAU-129 AA missile launchers slightly as the kit ones were too round.
- Modified the kit 370 gallon fuel tanks with scratched details to match the unique tanks used in Israeli service.
- Scratch built the seeker head for the GBU-15 and finished off with an iridescent film for the seeker lense.
- Scratch built canopy locking hooks and DASH HMD sensors for the canopy.
- Scratch built oxygen hoses, canopy locking mechanisms for the cockpit using thin wiring and stretched sprue.
- Ejection seats given a "sheep skin" texture with random spreading of Tamiya putty and seat belts made with aluminium foil and leftover PE.

- Decals were a mixture of F-16C/D stencils from Sky's Decals and kit decals. The Sky's stencils had the correct colours for the warning triangles and other markings compared to the kit.

- Added a mission marking for the 2007 Operation Orchard on the left nose below the antenna blip. 462 was one of the 4 SUFAs that took part in the mission.
- And the final pièce de résistance, I used the iridescent film again and added it to the LITENING pod and HUD lenses. This is by far my favourite add-on to this build!

Pictures follow!

ftHQn1J.jpg

eWbNklO.jpg

4U3ND75.jpg

boLuglV.jpg

kQec31p.jpg

SVepHen.jpg

bWbOobO.jpg

3KMTqq6.jpg

hsKDnHb.jpg

DpC5LW4.jpg

Thanks for looking! More photos in Part 2.

Cheers

• 2 years later...