Flying Leathernecks Decals FL48025 "The Tiltrotor Tango" MV-22B Osprey

Here are a few profiles from the first of two sheets covering a number of MV-22B Ospreys in Marine Corps service. Both sheets will be released some time next year as they are NOT being designed for the Italeri kit. I'll post the rest of the profiles, as well as the decal sheet itself once the final layout is determined. However, some elements of the sheet may change to fit the contours of the new kit. HMX-1, VMX-1, VMM-764, VMM-774, VMM-561, VMM-161, VMM-262 (The Flying Tigers), VMM-263 and VMM-265 are among the squadrons that will be covered on this sheet, as well as FL48026. 

FL48025-MV-22-B-Profiles.jpg

VMM-America.jpg

Edited by Dave Roof

Six more options are drawn and the final decision on which one's will make sheet 48025 will be made later this evening. VMX-1 is a definite and we're just waiting for an email from the Green Side Maintenance Control Chief to finalize the sizing of the markings. Here is the current layout of the sheet. Will post the final draft once everything is laid out, along with the remaining profiles.

Ugly-Angels-V-22.jpg

Edited by Dave Roof
On 9/23/2019 at 7:30 PM, HeavyArty said:

Right, not currently.  I was hoping the new kit you allude to would be.  Oh well.

Would love to see the Osprey in 35th.   Only thing is, it would need to have the option to be displayed fully folded up.   She’s a big bird!   I hope someone gets around to doing one. 

These are cool.  My office is in downtown Wilmington, NC and I see v-22's fly over daily.  One of them I have seen a few times has a red checkered tail, maybe vmm264?  Just basing that off of their patch, so an uneducated guess.   Looks like a pretty cool scheme.

Used to not be interested in a kit for these, but since I see them all day I have changed my mind and would build one.

Lucky for me I see a lot of USMC stuff, AH-1s, UH-1, AV-8b, CH-53 and then some USAF stuff daily.   

Edited by mike_45

That would be a pretty good guess. Only other red checked I can think of is a Cobra unit or fixed wing. 

I feel robbed, I was in Wilmington last Friday across from the battleship and one did not fly by.

5 hours ago, Tank said:

That would be a pretty good guess. Only other red checked I can think of is a Cobra unit or fixed wing. 

I feel robbed, I was in Wilmington last Friday across from the battleship and one did not fly by.

Haha, small world.  I have seen that particular osprey twice.  Wish I had some binoculars to see the unit, pretty good looking bird.