MC Early B-52H and AGM-28's

3 hours ago, Yuri61 said:

Hi all, I have the MC B-52H early version and a couple of the 1/72 Black Dog AGM-28 Hound Dog missiles. Anyone have any ideas as to what pylon I can use to mount them?

Appreciate any help.

Thanks.

So the pylon that AGM-28s were mounted on was a specially built pylon. The somewhat good news is that the AGM-28 pylon was also used as the basis for the B-52D external bomb pylon. This pylon was included in the Monogram B-52D kit as I remember it, but only the top portion is what you need, the lower portions are extraneous. Here is a link to an illustration of the pylons:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/kurtsmocs/46093224634

So just to be clear the Monogram kit had what I believe to be the AGM-28 pylon with SRAB & MERs attached. You would need to remove the SRAB and MERs and just use the upper most portion for your Hound Dogs. If it were me, I would ask around to see if anyone has those pylons to spare or maybe someone would be willing to make resin copies for you. I do not know of any other source of those pylons, although it may just be my lack of knowledge and maybe somebody does make them?

6 hours ago, madmanrick said:

I do not know of any other source of those pylons, although it may just be my lack of knowledge and maybe somebody does make them?

AMT released an "Early B-52G" version of their BUFF that included the AGM-28s and pylons. I've seen a few of these or the Monogram kits "parted out" on Ebay, or you might find someone with the parts to spare.