MiG-29SMT, Zvezda 1:72

19 hours ago, Fiddler said:

Beautifull work! 

I wonder why you decided to use US colours over the other SMT colours provided by Mr.Paint? I know colours are a difficult thing to discuss, but wanted to know your view about them. I don't know to much about Mr.P but they surely do look like a very interresting range of paint. I bought the 2 colours for my MiG-29S 9-13 just to try them but didn't have a chance to spray them yet. So just curious 😉

Thank you!

The reason is simple - because the other two MRP paints aren't suitable for the specific airframe I am building. Those paints are greenish grey of the repainted examples, while mine is painted in original splinter scheme which was grey without any greenish tones. Be cautious about their standard MiG-29 paints as they don't really match the real ones straight out of the bottle.

Since I am in a bit of hurry to finish this one, I concentrated on building instead of shooting progress photos, but here she is as of today.

Oil paint weathering done. Hydraulic pipes on landing gear done. Ejection seat done. External fuel tank added as well as some smaller antenna (more to follow).

mig29wip-24-XL.jpgmig29wip-25-XL.jpg

mig29wip-26-XL.jpg

mig29wip-27-XL.jpg

mig29wip-28-XL.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...